3M90 3M Spray review
Product category: Adhesive Spray
3M90 3M Spray is a fast-drying, high-strength adhesive with the ability to bond with a number of materials permanently in only a few minutes. But, when applying the thin layer of adhesive 3M90 3M Spray provides, can it actually bond as strongly as is advertised? Let’s talk about it.
Table of Contents
Bestseller No. 1
3M Hi-Strength Spray Adhesive 90 Low VOC, 14.6 oz.
- INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH spray glue provides secure adhesion in 15 seconds to 30 minutes
- ALLOWS QUICK REPOSITIONING for perfect placement
- IDEAL FOR materials including rubber, glass, metal, wood, cork, plastic, cardboard, fiberglass insulation, drywall, and more
- ADDITIONAL USES INCLUDE crafts, household repairs, acoustic soundproofing, decorating, construction, cosmetic automotive fixes, and more
- ADHESIVE RESISTS SEEPAGE for a stronger bond
Bestseller No. 2
3M Performance Pressure HVLP Atomizing Head Refill Variety Kit, 26830, for use with 3M Performance Industrial Spray Gun, Sizes 1.1, 1.4, 1.8
- PREMIUM SPRAY PERFORMANCE: For use with 3M Performance Spray Gun System, delivers excellent pattern control, atomization and transfer efficiency
- VARIETY PACK: Includes two of each size 1.1, 1.4, and 1.8
- SPRAY A WIDE RANGE OF COATINGS: Including stains, textured paints, epoxy and urethane primers, basecoats, 1K and 2K top coats, clear coats, adhesives
- REPLACEABLE NOZZLES: With quick-change atomizing heads, paint never passes through the body of the gun; it’s like getting a brand-new spray gun with every nozzle
- SMARTER CLEANUP: Cleanup can be as easy as replacing the nozzle or a quick appropriate cleanup with solvent to be reused
SaleBestseller No. 3
3M Performance Spray Gun and Air Control Valve, 26832, for Industrial Paint and Coating Applications
- INCLUDES: 1 Spray Gun and 1 Air Control Valve
- PAINT SAVINGS: Superior transfer efficiency means you can mix less paint with the same or better coverage
- VERSATILE: Convert between pressure hose for continuous, bulk spraying or 3M PPS Series 2.0 Spray Cup System for spot repair or small jobs
- SPRAY A WIDE RANGE OF COATINGS: Including stains, primers, basecoats, topcoats, clearcoats, adhesives
- COMFORTABLE: From the body to the trigger, this spray gun was optimized by kinesiologists to enhance comfort
Bestseller No. 4
3M Accuspray Paint Spray Gun Nozzle Refills for PPS 2.0, 26585, 1.8 mm, Clear, Use with PPS 2.0 Spray Gun System for Like-New Paint Spray Performance, 1 Pack
- REFILL NOZZLES FOR PAINT SPRAY GUN – Replacement atomizing heads for use with the Accuspray handheld HVLP paint gun and PPS 2.0 Spray Cup System with disposable lids and liners
- LIKE-NEW PERFORMANCE AGAIN AND AGAIN – Refill nozzles can be used 5 to 10 times, then removed and replaced for the performance of a brand-new gun
- CLEAR 1.8 MM NOZZLE – Ideal for higher-viscosity materials like primer
- MANY SIZES FOR MANY USES – Other sizes let you easily spray paints, stains, varnishes, primers, clearcoats, gelcoats, undercoats, sprayable adhesives and more, for a range of applications from one gun
- LESS WASTE, EASY TO CLEAN – With Accuspray, the paint doesn’t run through the gun – it flows directly from the cup into the atomizing head and is sprayed onto the surface. This eliminates a huge amount of the cleanup and solvent use that conventional paint guns require
SaleBestseller No. 5
3M 90-24 7000023924 Hi-Strength 90 Spray Adhesive-17.6, 17.6 oz, 17 Fl Oz
- Convenient, fast, high contact-bond strength
- Low soak-in keeps more adhesive on the surface to provide better coverage
- High heat resistance maintains bond strength even after extended exposure to heat
- Precise spray control and variable spray width makes it easy to apply
- Not for sale in California
3M90 3M Spray is one of the easiest industrial-strength adhesives to use. Without the need for any brushes or spatulas, it sprays directly onto whatever surface is being glued quickly, cleanly, and easily. Bond time can be as little as 15 seconds and as long as 30 minutes, a significantly shorter dry time than most other high-strength industrial adhesives. It is considered to be an essential product in many factories and other industrial settings. It both sprays and dries clear and creates very little mess, making it an ideal adhesive for a wide range of projects.
What 3M90 3M Spray Can Bond With
3M90 3M Spray works best for construction projects such as HVAC, office partitions, and insulations. Therefore, 3M90 3M Spray bonds most strongly with materials such as laminates, wood, MDF, polypropylene, metal, rubber, paper, concrete, fabric, and plastic. Though it is recommended for industrial and professional use, 3M90 3M Spray can also be used for some at-home projects such as shelving, mounting displays, installing acoustic panels, and picture framing, though it is not recommended for other projects such as tiling. Only use at home if you have experience with industrial adhesives. 3M90 3M Spray is both moisture and high-temperature resistant, meaning it can withstand many indoor and outdoor conditions without losing its adhesive properties.
Read This Before Buying 3M90 3M Spray
3M90 3M Spray is an aerosol spray and therefore highly flammable, so keep away from any fire or excessive heat. Once 3M90 3M Spray is applied it can withstand temperatures as high as 122°F/50°C but it cannot withstand those temperatures while in the can, it will explode, so make sure it is kept in a cool, dry area in order to avoid injury.
Other Important Safety Warnings for 3M90 3M Spray
3M90 3M Spray is a hazardous substance and should be kept out of reach of children. Only spray in a well-ventilated area. If inhaled, the adhesive can cause respiratory irritation, drowsiness, dizziness, infertility, or even suffocation. A mask is not necessary to wear while using 3M90 3M Spray so long as you don’t get too close to the spray and only spray in well-ventilated areas.
3M90 3M Spray is an excellent industrial adhesive that is quick, easy to use, and perfect for repairs on a number of industrial and professional projects. Caution must be used when applying 3M90 3M Spray, but basic common sense will ensure safety when using this great product.
Stay calm, get outside as quickly as possible, and take deep breaths of fresh air. If you don’t feel well, seek medical attention. If after several minutes of breathing the clean air you feel okay, you can continue as you were before.
Immediately after using 3M90 3M Spray, clean the nozzle with a damp rag in order to keep it from clogging. 3M90 3M Spray dries super quickly, so if this step is skipped, the nozzle will likely clog.
Yes, 3M90 3M Spray can bond heavy-weight items together, no problem!
No, 3M90 3M Spray is not waterproof, nor is it water-resistant. It is moisture-resistant, so it is best for indoor projects where it won’t come into much, or any, contact with water.
Contact your local waste management and ask how to dispose of aerosol cans in your area.