Elmer’s E455 Spray Adhesive review
Product category: Adhesive Spray
From the glue brand we all used as kids, Elmer’s E455 Spray Adhesive is a long-lasting adhesive perfect for all things crafting as it bonds well with materials such as wood, metal, fabric, plastic, foil, cardboard, and paper. But is it as good for crafting as people say? Let’s find out.
Table of Contents
Bestseller No. 1
Elmer's Spray Adhesive, Multipurpose, 4 Ounces
- Bonds to paper, metal, plastic, foil, cardboard, fabric, wood, and more
- Acid-free, photo-safe, and quick-drying
- Covers large surfaces quickly
- Dries clear for a polished look
- Allows repositioning before drying
Bestseller No. 2
Mercury Instant Adhesive Super CA Glue (2 x 1.7 oz) with Spray Adhesive Activator (2 x 6.7 fl oz) 2 Pack
- POWERFUL ADHESIVE KIT - The simple to use instant glue will make your projects so much easier! A two-component cyanoacrylate based adhesive bonds different kind of materials in seconds. After cleaning both surfaces, just spread the 2-3 drops of CA glue per square inch on one surface & spray the glue activator spray on the other, wait 10 seconds, and then bond the pieces 5-12 seconds together.
- STRONG BONDING - No matter what your project is, our two-part CA Glue with activator will help you achieve a clean and professional result. This super glue, perfect for industrial and personal projects, will give you the bond you need!
- SPEED UP THE BONDING TIME - No time to wait? Thanks to our special CA Glue Activator, your project will be ready in 5-12 seconds. Curing time will take up to 2 minutes without the activator.
- CLEAN APPLICATION - The aerosol super glue accelerator provides a fine mist that is easy to control, and thanks to the viscous liquid of the glue your project won’t be a mess. Just a little bit of two-part super glue will be plenty! Due to its special formula, you can use it easily even on vertical surfaces without pour and splash.
- COMPATIBLE WITH MULTIPLE MATERIALS - This cyanoacrylate accelerator is suitable for use on a variety of materials from wood to glass & stone to metal. Great for DIYers and hobbyists to gluing RC tires, model airplanes, repair, and general-purpose bonding. Avoid using the cyanoacrylate glue on nonstick surfaces and polyethylene products.
SaleBestseller No. 3
Scotch Super 77 Multipurpose Adhesive Spray, Bonds to fabric, cardboard, plastic, metal, wood, felt, and more, 10.7 Ounces (7716)
- Strong, durable bond
- Bonds quickly, and works on a broad range of surfaces
- Bonds to fabric, cardboard, plastic, metal, wood, felt, and more
- VOC <30% Formulation
SaleBestseller No. 4
Gorilla Heavy Duty Spray Adhesive, Multipurpose and Repositionable, 14 Ounce, Clear, (Pack of 1)
- Heavy duty - dries permanent
- Repositionable, non-yellowing, Photo safe
- Comfort nozzle - wide pad, controlled fine mist - even application
- Meets new VOC standard
- Bonds – wood, metal, fabric, foam, plastic, paper, glass leather and more
SaleBestseller No. 5
3M 45 General Purpose Spray Adhesive,10.2 oz.
- ALLOWS FOR QUICK REPOSITIONING for perfect placement
- EFFECTIVE adhesive provides a secure bond in 30 seconds to 15 minutes
- IDEAL FOR LIGHT-DUTY MATERIALS including paper, fabric, felt, lightweight wood, cork, flexible foam, plastic film, cardboard, fiberglass insulation, and more
- GREAT FOR crafts, school projects, art projects, photo albums, light-duty repairs, light-duty soundproofing, decorating, and more
- SPRAY ADHESIVE provides excellent coverage on larger surfaces
Elmer’s E455 Spray Adhesive is an acid-free and all-purpose adhesive that dries clear and does not bleed through when applied or yellow over time after it dries. It is not an ideal adhesive for heavy-duty projects but will work wonderfully for all manner of at-home crafting. The spray can itself is designed to be ergonomic and has a wide grip for ease of use. The nozzle itself is also a wide pad in order to avoid messes when using and to make cleanup much easier and faster.
Where Are the Best Places to Use Elmer's E455 Spray Adhesive?
Elmer’s E455 Spray Adhesive is ideal for any at-home craft cabinet, classroom supply closet, or janitor’s closet. Because it is easy to use and clean up, it is a great spray adhesive for kids to use since it is simple, it won’t get messy, and it is non-toxic and acid-free. Additionally, because Elmer’s E455 Spray Adhesive is waterproof, it can be used in outdoor applications as well as indoor and it won’t lose its bond if your child spills their water on it. It really is designed for kids to make their best projects with little to no difficulty or mess.
Important Warning Before You Buy Elmer's E455 Spray Adhesive
Elmer’s E455 Spray Adhesive is in an aerosol can and therefore it should never be heated as that can cause an explosion and the risk of serious injury. Similarly, the can should never be punctured as the sudden release of pressure can also cause injury.
Elmer's E455 Spray Adhesive and Kids' Safety
Elmer’s E455 Spray Adhesive will likely not harm your child if they get a bit on their skin and certain sensitive skin types may cause mild irritation. However, children should be supervised when using Elmer’s E455 Spray Adhesive in case of accidental ingestion. Elmer’s E455 Spray Adhesive is not an edible glue and should never be ingested for risk of internal injury. If Elmer’s E455 Spray Adhesive is ingested it is essential to call a doctor or Poison Control immediately.
Elmer’s E455 Spray Adhesive is an excellent crafting glue that children can use with ease and little to no mess. It is permanent, clear, and holds strong so people can create whatever light crafts their heart desires with no problems.
Elmer’s E455 Spray Adhesive takes only about 5 mintues to dry. Simply spray a thin layer onto both clean and dry surfaces, bring them together, and leave for 5 minutes. It’s that simple!
Elmer’s E455 Spray Adhesive can last approximately 2 to 3 years if stored correctly. It should be kept out of the sunlight and stored in a dry, room temperature environment for the most longevity of the product.
Yes, Elmer’s E455 Spray Adhesive is highly flammable and should never be around any excessive heat. It is not the product to use to try out fire experiments with your child. Please keep away from fire.
Elmer’s E455 Spray Adhesive is not the best product for styrofoam. It will bond, but it will not bond very strongly and the adhesion is more likely to be lost than if you were to use liquid glue and allow it to properly set.
Elmer’s E455 Spray Adhesive is not the best spray adhesive for Lego sets as it sprays quite wide and the nozzle is not adjustable. However, if you are gluing pieces that are already assembled in a wider surface area, then it will work just fine.