Fabric Fusion review
Product category: Fabric Glue
Fabric Fusion is a permanent fabric adhesive that bonds textile embellishments such as rhinestones, sequins, beads, and pompoms to just about any type of fabric you can think of. This adhesive is often marketed as being a good alternative to a needle and thread. Is that true? Let’s find out.
Table of Contents
SaleBestseller No. 1
Aleene's 23473 Fabric Fusion Permanent Fabric Adhesive ,Clear,4oz
- Permanent bond between fabrics and other embellishments
- Nontoxic, Machine washable and stays flexible after washing
- Applies and dries clear, Works on a variety of fabrics
- Easy soap and water cleanup before it dries
- Won’t string when you apply it
Bestseller No. 2
Aleene's Fabric Fusion Glue, 3-Pack
- Perfect project-sized bottles
- Use Sparingly - Too much will slow the process and oversaturate the fabric which weakens the adhesion
- Package contains three .66fl oz. bottles
SaleBestseller No. 3
Aleene's Fusion Fabric Glue, 2 Fl Oz - 3 Pack, Clear
- Offers a permanent bond between fabrics and other embellishments
- Applies and dries clear
- Nontoxic and low odor
- Machine washable – stays flexible after washing!
- Convenient purse size bottle
Bestseller No. 4
Aleene's Quick Dry fabric Fusion Permanent Fabric Adhesive, 4-Ounce
- Easy-to-use alternative to needle and thread for craft and fabric projects
- Water-based adhesive dries clearly and quickly
- Advanced formula is non-toxic and non-stringing
- Forms a permanent bond between fabric and embellishments
Bestseller No. 5
Fabric Fusion Fabric Glue Permanent Clear Washable 4oz for Patches, Rug Glue, Clothing Glue, No Sew Fabric Glue with Pixiss Art Dotting Stylus Pens 5 pcs Set
- 4oz Fabric Fusion fabric adhesive for permanent bond between fabrics and other embellishments.
- Nontoxic, Machine washable and stays flexible after washing.
- Clear fabric glue that works on a variety of fabrics such as clothing, patches, rugs, upholstery and more.
- Easy soap and water cleanup before it dries. Won’t string when you apply it.
- Dotting & Applicator Tools - 5pc wood handle Pixiss art dotting stylus for pottery, clay, sculpting, nail art, painting, blending, molding, marbling, swirls, rhinestones and more. Perfect for all sorts of working conditions. 10 different sized tips create the perfect dotting tool set for getting in to the tightest of locations.
Fabric Fusion is an affordable adhesive that makes fastening decorative embellishments to fabric fast and easy. It both applies and dries clear and after it dries it maintains its bond and flexibility so well that the fabric can even be put in the washing machine again and again without losing its decoration. Additionally, when Fabric Fusion is applied to either the fabric or the embellishment, it doesn’t string, making its application cleaner and easier than other fabric glues would be able to accomplish. It is not clear whether or not the adhesive will last if put into a dryer, so it is best to air on the side of caution and let fabrics with the adhesive air dry.
What Fabric Fusion Can and Can't Bond With
As is probably obvious by its name, Fabric Fusion is not good for anything that isn’t fabric. Do not try and tile your kitchen with this adhesive, it will get you nowhere. However, for all things textile, it is excellent and it adheres well to a number of different fabrics, including jerseys, denim, cotton, leather, flannel, lace, and ribbons. This adhesive will be able to add just about any embellishments or trims that you want to these fabrics with no trouble.
What Not to Do with Fabric Fusion
Fabric Fusion is a water-soluble adhesive, meaning that after application and full cure, it should not be completely submerged in water for long periods of time. It is washable, yes, but prolonged periods of being fully submerged will weaken its bond considerably and the embellishments can fall off. Additionally, since it is water-based, it should not be stored anywhere it can freeze. Freezing and thawing a water-based adhesive can cause it to lose its adhesive properties.
Other Important Things to Note about Fabric Fusion
Fabric Fusion does not have a strong odor at all and it is non-toxic as it is a urethane glue, however, just because it is non-toxic does not mean it should be ingested. Do not ingest Fabric Fusion. Additionally, keep it out of reach of pets as it can very well be toxic to animals. If any Fabric Fusion gets on your skin or in your eyes, make sure to wash them immediately as prolonged exposure can cause irritation. Also, just like with any adhesive, be sure to wash your hands after use and especially before eating or drinking anything.
Fashion Fusion is a safe, inexpensive, and high-quality fabric adhesive with the ability to bond well with just about any type of fabric. As long as instructions on how to care for the garments after use are followed, you will have long-lasting embellishments to all garments you decorate with it.
After application, leave embellishments in place with either pins or tape for at least 3-4 hours. After that, check if the adhesive is set. If it is, you can start wearing the garment, just do not wash it for at least 48 hours after application.
If Fabric Fusion is still wet, then you can remove it from the fabric with some soapy water. If it is dry, then take a steam iron and allow the heat to weaken the bond, and remove that way.
Yes, it is an excellent replacement. Because Fabric Fusion is a urethane glue and not a polyurethane glue, its flexibility and durability mean that the glue will move with you and will not easily come off.
Yes, Fabric Fusion is a permanent adhesive and will not dissolve in the washing machine.
No. While Fabric Fusion is non-toxic to humans, it can cause damage to marine life.