Gorilla Tape review
Product category: Tape
Gorilla Tape is a double-thick, long-lasting, and extra-strong duct tape that comes in a variety of sizes, lengths, and colors in order to meet all of your needs. Gorilla products are popular the world over, so does Gorilla Tape live up to the hype its brand creates? Let’s find out.
Table of Contents
SaleBestseller No. 1
Gorilla All Weather Outdoor Waterproof Duct Tape, UV and Temperature Resistant, 1.88" x 25 yd, Black, (Pack of 1)
- Gorilla All Weather Waterproof Duct Tape is designed for outdoor repairs that need to stand up to extreme weather conditions with a permanent bond
- Made with an incredibly strong, permanent, butyl adhesive and a weather resistant shell, this tape withstands even extreme weather conditions
- Works in hot and cold temperatures with a service temperature range of -40° F to 200° F; Application temperature above 40° F
- Gorilla All Weather Waterproof Duct Tape's low tack, strong adhesive resists drying, cracking, and peeling caused by sunlight, heat, cold, and moisture
- Gorilla All Weather Waterproof Duct Tape can be used on tarps, roofs, plastic sheeting, vents, RV's, automotive and much, much more
SaleBestseller No. 2
Gorilla Black Duct Tape, 1.88" x 12 yd, Black, (Pack of 2)
- Heavy duty and double thick, Gorilla tape offers over-the top results; it’slike duct tape on steroids
- Great for indoor or outdoor use and made to stick to Rough, uneven, unforgiving surfaces like wood, stone, stucco, plaster, brick and more
- Double-Thick adhesive; grips smooth, Rough and uneven surfaces
- Tough, reinforced backing; the tight weave contributes to the heft, but Gorilla tape can still be ripped by hand
- Rugged, weather-resistant shell; withstands moisture, UV rays and temperature extremes
SaleBestseller No. 3
Gorilla Tough & Clear Double Sided XL Mounting Tape, 1" x 150", Clear, (Pack of 1)
- Double-sided tape: Coated with adhesive on both sides for easy hanging
- 38 Pounds Strong Hold: Sticks to smooth and rough surfaces
- Instant hold, permanent bond: Fast & easy
- Weatherproof: For indoor and outdoor use
- Crystal Clear Adhesive: Won't yellow over time
SaleBestseller No. 4
Gorilla Crystal Clear Repair Duct Tape, 1.88” x 18 yd, Clear, (Pack of 1)
- Crystal Clear Gorilla Duct Tape is a heavy-duty, all-purpose tape that is weatherproof, air tight, crystal clear, and can be torn by hand
- Crystal Clear Gorilla Duct Tape is ideal for thousands of uses and sticks to almost everything—the uses are virtually endless
- It can be used for patching smooth surfaces, it sticks to rough and uneven surfaces and can even be used to seal and protect surfaces
- This tape is UV and temperature resistant making it great for repairs both indoors and out; does not yellow outdoors
- Made with a heavy duty adhesive layer and waterproof backing for extreme durability; Notched edge design makes tape easy to tear by hand
Bestseller No. 5
Gorilla Black Duct Tape, 1.88" x 50 yd, Black, (Pack of 1)
- Double-Thick Adhesive: Grips smooth, rough and uneven surfaces
- Tough, Reinforced Backing: The tight weave contributes to the strength, but Gorilla Tape can still be torn by hand.
- Rugged, Weather-Resistant Shell: Withstands moisture, UV rays and temperature changes making it great for project and repairs both indoors and out
- Gorilla tape sticks to smooth, rough and uneven surfaces, including wood, stone, stucco, brick, metal and vinyl.
- Gorilla Tape, for the Toughest Jobs on Planet Earth.
Gorilla Tape is a highly versatile tape adhesive good for all kinds of construction and project needs. It can be used indoors or outdoors as it is completely weatherproof, withstanding cold, heat, rain, and snow like other tapes can’t. It can be used to create a weatherproof shell or be used as reinforced backing. It even has the capability of sticking to rough surfaces like competing duct tapes can’t. You can use Gorilla Tape to temporarily seal cracks, fix broken objects, or even in part of the construction process.
Gorilla Tape vs. Other Duct Tapes
How is Gorilla Tape able to do things its competitors can’t? Gorilla Tape’s basic ingredients are the same as that of a traditional duct tape: plastic coating on the outside, then a layer of fabric, and then a rubber-based adhesive. Where Gorilla Tape differs from its competitors is in the glue, which is still rubber-based, but highly concentrated and therefore 2-3 times thicker than what is on traditional duct tape. That is why Gorilla Tape can stick to a lot more things and for much longer than many of its competitors can.
Do Not Tape Yourself with Gorilla Tape
This may be obvious, but do not tape Gorilla Tape to your skin. Even before removal, it can cause skin irritation, but because of its strong adhesive properties, it can and will hurt a lot when removed and cause a lot more skin irritation. If you need a few strips cut and at the ready for a project, put them on the edge of a table, not yourself.
Where to Not Use Gorilla Tape
Because Gorilla Tape is such a great product and strong tape, it can be tempting to use it as a replacement for all sorts of tapes, but do not think that all tapes are created equally. Yes, Gorilla Tape can be used for a bunch of different applications, but it should never be used as electrical tape or anything like it. If you need electrical tape, buy electrical tape. Do not substitute it with Gorilla Tape.
Gorilla Tape is one of the best duct tapes on the market that can stick to things that its competitors can’t thanks to its thicker layer of adhesive. It is one of the best tapes you can have on hand for just about any household or construction project.
It is certainly more difficult to remove Gorilla Tape than other duct tapes because it is so much stickier. That being said, it is not necessarily difficult to remove, it just needs a bit more force.
No, Gorilla Tape is not waterproof and will not be able to bond underwater. For the strongest bond, apply Gorilla Tape in dry, room temperature conditions. The less moisture in the air the better.
No, Gorilla Tape absolutely cannot bond with oily surfaces, even if they are smooth. Oil is the death of Gorilla Tape’s bonding power, so make sure the surface you are taping is clean of any oil before application.
No, Gorilla Tape is a semi-permanent adhesive. If used in repairs, it should be considered a temporary repair while you wait to be able to do a proper one. It is an excellent tool for temporary repair, but it is only temporary.
If you are looking to remove the paint from a wall very slowly, then yes, Gorilla Tape works great. But in all seriousness, Gorilla Tape should not be used on pained surfaces as it can damage the paint upon removal. In fact, it isn’t advised to use any duct tape on painted walls.