How to glue a puzzle together
When spending hours upon hours putting together a super complicated puzzle, it’s only natural to want to glue it together to preserve your effort and enjoy the art of the puzzle. Luckily, there are a few ways to do it with several product options. Here is how to glue a puzzle together.
Table of Contents
Bestseller No. 1
Puzzle Presto! Peel & Stick Puzzle Saver: The Original and Still the Best Way to Preserve Your Finished Puzzle!
- THE ORIGINAL PUZZLE SAVER – Made in the USA Since 2007 by Premium Puzzle Manufacturer, Buffalo Games. This is a Product Made by Puzzle Enthusiasts for Puzzle Enthusiasts.
- PERMANENTLY PRESERVE YOUR PUZZLE IN ITS ORIGINAL PRISTINE FINISH – Quick and Easy with No Messy Clean Up!
- EASY AND EFFECTIVE APPLICATION – Simply Peel the Backing from The Adhesive Sheets and Stick to the Back of Your Finished Puzzle. That’s It… Your Masterpiece is Saved! No Mess and Takes Only Minutes.
- INCLUDES SELF ADHESIVE HANGERS – Show Off Your Finished Piece with Convenient Self-Adhesive Hangers That Allow You to Display Your Puzzle on the Wall.
- COMPATIBLE WITH ANY PUZZLE PIECE COUNT – Includes 6 Large Adhesive Sheets Covering a Footprint Up to 29 Inches by 21.5 Inches!
Bestseller No. 2
Extra Large Clear Puzzle Glue Sheets Puzzle Saver Peel and Stick - Preserve 1000 Piece Puzzle in Minutes
- Puzzle Preserved in Minutes - Save 1000 Piece Puzzle Size up to 24" x 30" in Minutes! Each Sheet Size: 12.2 " x 15.3" . Package includes 4 Sheets and Hanging Tabs.
- No More Messy Glue Cleaning up - Just peel and stick 4 extra large clear glue sheets to preserve your finished puzzle in Minutes! No need to clean up after puzzle glue and brush!
- Extra Large Puzzle Saver - Extra Thick & Large Clear Strong Glue Sheets - Apply on the back of your finished puzzles to save your puzzle pieces.
- Puzzle Framing made easy - Extra Large Strong Glue Sheets give extra support to hold your puzzle pieces together!
- Hanging Tabs included. You can still see the beautiful pattern on the back of your jigsaw puzzles after you preserved it.
Bestseller No. 3
Jigsaw Puzzle Glue with Applicator - Saves, Laminates and Preserves Finished Jigsaw Puzzles - Easy to Apply, Dries Quick, Clear & Bright
- Dries quick, clear & bright
- Easy to apply
- Saves, laminates & preserves finished puzzles
- Applicator included
SaleBestseller No. 4
YAKAMOZ Updated Jigsaw Puzzle Glue with Applicator for Adults and Children Clear Water-Soluble Special Craft Puzzle Glue, Non-Toxic and Quick Dry for 3000/4500/5000 Pieces of Puzzle,200ML
- 【YAKAMOZ puzzle glue】Excellent Quality, 100% non-toxic and conforms to meets the international safety test. PVA as the raw material of the Jigsaw Puzzle Glue, 100% non-toxic, environmental friendly, and water-base glue, which is safe for both adults and chidren.
- 【EASY TO USE】Just apply this glue evenly on the surface of jigsaw puzzle, let it dry and then use the back again. (Note: When applying with the sponge tip, pay attention to let the glue penetrate into the gap, which can make the puzzle more solid).
- 【The Third-Generation Function Upgrade】According to our customer feedback, we have upgraded the glue formula. After you apply it, your puzzle can still look shiny and will not darken. The new generation of puzzle glue adopts a sponge head design, which is convenient to use and apply.
- 【Perfect Gift】This 200ml puzzle glue clear great for most materials, like paper puzzle 5000 piece, wood, books, picture and diamond drawing etc. At the same time, the jigsaw glue can permanently preserve the assembled puzzles, which is an essential choice for family manual activities.
- 【NOTE】Do not eat this product, keep this product out of reach of children under 3 years old. Please tighten the cap after use, it is best to pad some paper at the bottom when applying the puzzle, it is recommended to air dry for 1-2 hours, and the specific time is determined according to the actual situation.
SaleBestseller No. 5
MasterPieces Jigsaw Bottle & Wide Plastic Spreader Puzzle Glue, 5 Ounces, Blue,Orange
- This pack is comprised of two individual items bundled together
- Simply the best Puzzle glue on the market
- Ages 13 and up
- The date on the package is the manufacturing date.
One of the best products for gluing puzzles together is Mod Podge Puzzle Saver. Mod Podge Puzzle Saver dries quickly and has a glossy finish that helps make completed puzzles shine. To use Mod Podge Puzzle Saver, you will need to use a foam core that’s a bit larger to place under the puzzle and then use a paintbrush to brush the adhesive onto the front of the puzzle and then wait for it to dry. That’s it!
How to Glue a Puzzle with Yakamoz Jigsaw Puzzle Glue
Yakamoz Jigsaw Puzzle Glue is an excellent puzzle glue. Yakamoz Jigsaw Puzzle Glue comes with an applicator that makes the whole process of gluing pizzles much easier. To use, you use the applicator to apply the adhesive to the front side of the puzzle and then to the back once the front has dried. Make sure the glue gets all the way into the cracks of the puzzle, or it will break apart, especially when you flip it over to do the backside.
How to Save a Puzzle without Glue
There is a way to save a puzzle without glue, and that is with Puzzle Presto! Peel & Stick Puzzle Saver. Basically a puzzle tape, Puzzle Presto! Peel & Stick Puzzle Saver works by peeling the back of the tape off and placing it onto the back of a finished puzzle. This method is best for children because of its simplicity and lack of drying time.
How to Glue a Puzzle with MasterPieces Puzzle Glue
If MasterPieces Puzzle Glue is your puzzle glue of choice, you are lucky because it works just like most other puzzle glues. MasterPieces Puzzle Glue comes with a handy tool to allow for more even glue application. For the best results, use the tool to evenly and thoroughly cover the front of the puzzle with glue first, let it dry, and then flip the puzzle over and repeat the process on the back.
All of these products will work for gluing a puzzle together, just choose the one that you think will work best for your puzzle and if one doesn’t work for you, feel free to try another.
No, you don’t have to glue both the front and back of the puzzle. If you prefer to glue only one side of your puzzle, then the front is the better side.
Yes, Mod Podge Puzzle Saver can be used on both the front and back of puzzles. You can put on just one side or both, your choice.
Yakamoz Updated Jigsaw Puzzle Glue only takes 10-15 minutes to dry, so it should only take about 30 minutes in total to glue both the front and the back of the puzzle.
Puzzle Presto! Peel & Stick Puzzle Saver can be placed on the front of the puzzle, but it won’t look good. It’s always going to be better to put Puzzle Presto! Peel & Stick Puzzle Saver on the back of the puzzle.
MasterPieces Puzzle Glue has a gel-like consistency that is still pourable.