How to remove gorilla glue
Gorilla Glue is one of the strongest glues on the market, and removing it after it has dried can seem like a daunting task, but it’s not as bad as you may think. It just takes some patience and knowing which methods of removal work best with which materials. Here are the best ways to remove Gorilla Glue.
Table of Contents
SaleBestseller No. 1
Goo Gone Original Liquid - 8 Ounce and Sticker Lifter - Surface Safe Adhesive Remover Safely Removes Stickers Labels Decals Residue Tape Chewing Gum Grease Tar Crayon Glue
- #1 TRUSTED BRAND FOR REMOVING GOOEY MESSES: Try it on stickers, wax, markers, crayons, glue, tar, window decals, glitter, gum, labels and so much more
- SAFELY RESTORE YOUR SURFACES: The surface-safe formula removes the goo without harming your surface. Formulated with citrus cleaning agents and a pleasant citrus scent
- MULTIPLE USES AROUND THE HOUSE: Everything from wine glass label remover, scuff eraser, windowsill cleaner, adhesive remover, tar cleaner, crayon drawing eraser, to glue remover
- PERFECT FOR TEACHERS AND PARENTS: Use this to remove gum, tape, crayon, and sticker residue left behind by kids
- GREAT FOR COLLECTORS AND THRIFTERS: Safely remove price stickers from gifts, wine glasses, clothing, drinking glasses, vintage collectables and more!
Bestseller No. 2
Goof Off Super Glue Remover - 4 oz. can, Yellow (FG678)
- Goof Off Super Glue Remover effectively removes Super Glue, epoxy adhesive, and Gorilla Glue.
- Crafters and DIYers use it to remove costly adhesive mistakes.
- This adhesive remover cuts through the toughest cured adhesives and dried glues.
- It works the first time to remove dried adhesive messes that other removers can't handle.
- To use, directly apply to dried glue or adhesive, then wipe with a cloth.
Bestseller No. 3
Perco Glue Off Adhesive Remover 3.3 oz & Scraper with Plastic Razor for Removing Labels (Adhesive Remover & Scraper w/Plastic Razor)
- The Fighter Duo: Better two than one. This fighter duo combines the quick and effective multi-action adhesive-removing capabilities of the glue-off remover and the easy scrape-off properties of the Perco blade to get rid of nasty, stubborn residue.
- Perfect DIY Bundle: The bundle pack allows you to keep a fool-proof backup with you while you indulge in DIYs, bound to see glue errors. With it, you can quickly and conveniently counter any and every DIY mishap needing fast action cleanup.
- This Plastic Scraper is constructed of high-quality hot injection molded plastic that provides strength and stiffness.
- Safe Surface Combo: Both, Perco adhesive remover as well as razor blade scraper as safe for your surfaces. One has a proprietary water-based formula with no harsh chemicals and the other uses double-edged protectant blades to make the removal ultra-safe.
- Ergonomic Friends: Featuring an anti-slip, easy grip, and especially curved handpiece design, the scraper boasts an ergonomic friendliness which along with a non-irritant adhesive remover formula makes an all-time safe utility preference for everyone.
SaleBestseller No. 4
Gorilla Heavy Duty Construction Adhesive, 7 Ounce Squeeze Tube, White, (Pack of 1)
- ALL WEATHER: Great for Indoor & Outdoor use
- FAST GRAB: Holds in 30 seconds
- GAP FILLING
- LOW ODOR
SaleBestseller No. 5
Gorilla Max Strength Clear Construction Adhesive, 2.5 Ounce Squeeze Tube, Clear, (Pack of 1)
- OUR STRONGEST Construction Adhesive Formula - 2X Stronger than Gorilla Heavy Duty Construction Adhesive Ultimate.
- DRIES CRYSTAL CLEAR
- 100% WATERPROOF and works under water
- Incredibly durable in ALL WEATHER situations
- REPOSITIONABLE, GAP FILLING, PAINTABLE, EASY TO DISPENSE
The best way to remove Gorilla Glue from plastic is with a solvent. If the glue has not yet fully cured, you can take a solvent of your choice and moisten a rag with it before wiping away at the glue. The best solvent for removing Gorilla Glue from plastic is Winsor & Newton Sansodor Low Odor Solvent. Winsor & Newton Sansodor Low Odor Solvent is turpentine-free and one of the safest on the market for household applications.
How to Get Gorilla Glue off Skin
The best way to get Gorilla Glue off of skin is by using acetone. You can use any nail polish remover you have lying around your house, but if you need to buy one fresh, we recommend Super Nail Pure Acetone Polish Remover. Super Nail Pure Acetone Polish Remover is 100% pure acetone. It has no fragrances or anything else in it, so it will be the most effective in removing Gorilla Glue from skin.
How to Remove Gorilla Glue from Glass
The best way to remove Gorilla Glue from glass is with an epoxy adhesive solvent. The best product for the job is Attack Epoxy Adhesive Removal Solvent. Attack Epoxy Adhesive Removal Solvent can remove many types of glue, not just epoxy, without damaging the base material, so your glass will still be able to shine as brightly after using Attack Epoxy Adhesive Removal Solvent as it did before.
How to Remove Gorilla Glue from Metal
The best way to remove Gorilla Glue from metal is with alcohol. Cheap, easy, and already sitting in most people’s cupboards, alcohol will be able to dissolve the glue without discoloring the metal. If you need to buy some alcohol, then we recommend Vaxxen Labs Isopropyl Alcohol 99%. One of the purest alcohols you can buy, Vaxxen Labs Isopropyl Alcohol 99% will work faster than most others to dissolve Gorilla Glue without warping your metal at all.
There are many different methods for removing Gorilla Glue; it all depends on what material you are removing it from. Ultimately, acetone will work for just about any material, so it should generally be your starting point, but there are plenty of other options there for you if it doesn’t work.
The best way to remove Gorilla Glue is with acetone. Acetone will dissolve Gorilla Glue from just about any surface, though there are excellent alternatives in case you prefer not to use acetone.
Yes, Winsor & Newton Sansodor Low Odor Solvent can and will remove paint, so don’t use it to remove Gorilla Glue that is covering a painted surface unless you are fine with losing the paint as well.
Super Nail Pure Acetone Polish Remover is pure acetone, so yes, it does have a strong odor. Make sure you use it in a well-ventilated area and don’t breathe in the fumes directly.
Yes, Attack Epoxy Adhesive Removal Solvent will work find on old glass without damaging it; just make sure to be gentle.
Yes, Vaxxen Labs Isopropyl Alcohol 99% is medical grade. So if you buy a bottle to dissolve Gorilla Glue, you can keep it around to disinfect any cuts your scrapes after.