Roxanne Glue Baste It review
Product category: Basting Glue
Brand: Roxanne International
Roxanne Glue Baste It is a basting glue designed for basting fabric while sewing. Roxanne Glue Baste It has received rave reviews by many in the sewing and quilting world but is it really as good as they say? Let’s learn about it and find out.
Table of Contents
Bestseller No. 1
Roxanne Glue Baste It, 2-Ounce Temporary Basting Glue
- This Incredible Applique Glue Is 100% Water-Soluble, Dries In Minutes, Holds Firmly Until You Want To Loosen It, And Does Not Feel Stiff When Dry
- These Are A Great Way To Add Extra Design To Whatever Project You Want To Add It To
- The Unique Syringe Applicator Allows Controlled Placement Of Droplets Of Glue
- Product Dimension: 1.5"L X 4.0"W X 7.0"H
Bestseller No. 2
Roxanne Glue-Baste-It Temporary Basting Glue with 2-Way Applicator, 1.5oz
- Roxanne Glue BAssortede It 2-Way Applicator 1.5oz
- Roxanne Glue BAssortede It is 100% water soluble, dries in minutes, and the unique applicator top allows for controlled placement of tiny glue droplets
- Does not feel stiff, and does not contain harmful chemicals, dyes, or waxes
- Product Dimension: 1.125"L x 1.125"W x 5.0"H
Bestseller No. 3
Colonial Needle Roxanne Baste-It 1oz Glue, Transparent
- The perfect basting glue for fabric to stay in place until moistened or washed
- Water soluble and dries clear
- Made in united states
Bestseller No. 4
Bestseller No. 5
Colonial Needle Refill Size Roxanne Glue Baste it, 6 oz
- This incredible applique glue is 100% water-soluble, dries in minutes, holds firmly until you want to loosen it, and does not feel stiff when dry
- These are a great way to add extra design to whatever project you want to add it to
- The unique syringe applicator allows controlled placement of droplets of glue
Roxanne Glue Baste It is a water-soluble temporary adhesive developed to help quilters and sewing enthusiasts make their designs easier and faster. It is free of harsh chemicals and dyes, is pH neutral, and comes with two applicators of different sizes. It only takes a few minutes to dry, it holds firm but is never too stiff for a sewing machine, and washes away easily with a bit of water, making changing designs easy and quick.
What Exactly is Basting Glue?
Basting glue is used in sewing, quilting, scrapbooking, and the like in order to create fabric designs quickly and easily. If you want to attach 2 pieces of fabric together without basting glue, you will need to attach them with pins first before sewing them and taking the pins out one by one. And if you decide you want to reposition the pieces before sewing, then you have to take all the pins out and start anew. Basting glue takes away the need for pins. You simply apply the glue to the fabric, adjust as needed easily, and sew once the glue has been set. It makes the whole process a lot faster and easier.
What Not to Do with Roxanne Glue Baste It
Roxanne Glue Baste It is meant to be a temporary glue and therefore should never be washed unless the intention is to wash the glue away. As a water-soluble adhesive, water is Roxanne Glue Baste It’s enemy. Never use Roxanne Glue Baste It as a replacement for regular fabric glue.
What Roxanne Glue Baste It Can't Do
Roxanne Glue Baste It cannot and will not permanently adhere to anything. You can use it on just about any type of fabric because it is not meant to be permanent. For permanent bonding, it’s advised to use a regular fabric glue.
Roxanne Glue Baste It is the perfect product to set your designs before sewing. It is quick and easy to use, easy to clean, and makes setting fabric designs a breeze.
No, Roxanne Glue Baste It is very light and will not gum up your sewing machine. Just make sure you use a light amount as recommended and you won’t have any problems.
Ironing the fabric after applying Roxanne Glue Baste It helps it to set within a matter of a few seconds. It’s the quickest way to set the glue so you can move on to the next step of your project.
Yes, fabric set with Roxanne Glue Baste It will pull apart quite easily after it has fully set. It is a temporary glue and therefore does not create a strong enough bong that will harm your fabrics.
To clean Roxanne Glue Baste It you simply have to use a bit of water on a cloth to dab it away. If it is already dried and on a sewn piece of fabric, it can be washed like normal and it will dissolve then.
The manufacturer of Roxanne Glue Baste It doesn’t have any information available about how long its shelf life is, but many users have commented online saying that it has lasted them years without losing its bonding power.