StarBond EM2000 review
Product category: Gap FIller
Starbond EM-2000 Thick CA Glue is an adhesive with a thick viscosity that is generally used as a gap filler. It is capable of heavy-duty bonding and can fill large voids, creating a dependable seal. So what sorts of gaps can it fill? Let’s dive in and find out.
Table of Contents
Bestseller No. 1
Starbond EM-2000 Thick, Premium CA - Cyanoacrylate Adhesive Super Glue Kit with Extra Bottles, Caps, and Microtips, 16 oz. (Bulk Size) (for Woodturning, Hobby, Archery Fletching) (16 Ounce)
- ✅ PREMIUM ETHYL CYANOACRYLATE SUPER GLUE - LAB TESTED FOR OPTIMAL PERFORMANCE: High performance industrial grade adhesive. Thick CA is used to fill voids and gaps.
- ✅ EXTRA SUPPLIES: (1) Easy dispensing yorker spout, (3) empty 2 ounce bottles, (4) applicator caps, (1) clog-free stopper, and a bag of micro-tips for precision. The easy dispensing spout enables you to refill the bottles, an extra applicator cap is in case of future clogs, the clog-free stopper has a tiny pin to prevent clogs, and micro-tips provide the perfect extension for tiny cracks.
- ✅ "GAP-FILLER" ADHESIVE: Ideal for heavy-duty bonding. Also used for "fletching" in archery and "fragging" for coral reefs.
- ✅ PROPERTIES: Viscosity: 2000 cPs (meaning the thickness of the liquid is similar to that of honey). Filling capabilities of up to 0.01-0.02" in size.
- ✅ LONG LASTING SUPERIOR SHELF LIFE: Starbond CA glues have a shelf life of several years in the cold. Store the bottle under 40°F before AND after use to qualify for our 30 Month Shelf Life Warranty. If the glue does not last, we will provide a 100% refund or replacement.
Bestseller No. 2
Starbond EM-40 Heavy Thin, Premium CA - Cyanoacrylate Adhesive Super Glue (for Woodturning, Pen Turning, Hobby, Lapidary, Finish, Inlay) (2 Ounce)
- ✅ PREMIUM ETHYL CYANOACRYLATE SUPER GLUE - LAB TESTED FOR OPTIMAL PERFORMANCE: High performance industrial grade adhesive infiltrates deep and stabilizes cracks through capillary action.
- ✅ EXTRA SUPPLIES: (2) applicator caps, (1) clog-free stopper, and a bag of micro-tips for precision. The extra applicator caps are in case of future clogs, the clog-free stopper has a tiny pin to prevent clogs, and micro-tips provide the perfect extension for tiny cracks.
- ✅ "FINISHING" ADHESIVE: Great for wood turning finish, inlays, hardening, stabilizing, and bonding close-fitting parts. Penetrates the finest micro-fractures, pores, and cracks through capillary action.
- ✅ PROPERTIES: Viscosity: 40 cPs (meaning the thickness of the liquid is similar to that of olive oil). Penetrating abilities of up to 0.004" in size.
- ✅ LONG LASTING SUPERIOR SHELF LIFE: Starbond CA glues have a shelf life of several years in the cold. Store the bottle under 40°F before AND after use to qualify for our 30 Month Shelf Life Warranty. If the glue doesn’t last, contact us and we’ll replace it free of charge or provide a 100% refund!
Bestseller No. 3
Premium Grade Cyanoacrylate (CA) Super Glue by STARBOND - 2 OZ "The Complete Kit" (56-gram) - "All Purpose" Medium 150 CPS Viscosity Adhesive for General Home Repair, Woodworking, Woodturning, Hobby Models, 3D Printing
- ✅ PREMIUM ETHYL CYANOACRYLATE SUPER GLUE : High performance industrial grade adhesive.The Medium CA glue is great to have around in the house as a "general purpose" repair glue. It works well on wood, metal, glass, ceramic and most plastics (but not polyethylene and polypropylene). This CA glue can be used for bonding a wide range of materials including paper, cardboard, rubber, leather and more!
- ✅ EXTRA SUPPLIES: (2) applicator caps, (1) clog-free stopper, and a bag of micro-tips for precision. The EXTRA APPLICATOR CAPS are in case of future clogs, you're prepared which means you'll never have to stop working! Keep your glue working perfectly with the CLOG FREE STOPPER that prevents any clogs for a smooth application. The BAG OF 8 MICRO-TIPS provides the perfect extension for those hard-to-reach places. Precision is key when it comes to tiny cracks
- ✅ "MULTI-PURPOSE" ARTS, CRAFT & HOBBY ADHESIVE: It is the perfect adhesive for arts, crafts, and hobbies. It's versatile and can be used on a variety of materials, including acrylic nails, model airplanes, wooden instruments, wood turning finish, pen making, lapidary applications to treat cracked stones, and bonding close-fitting parts
- ✅ PROPERTIES: This glue has a viscosity (thickness) of 150 cPs, meaning it's as thick as motor oil with a penetrating ability of up to 0.006" in size! This makes it perfect for penetrating into small spaces and bonding surfaces together.
- ✅ LONG LASTING SUPERIOR SHELF LIFE: OUR GLUES ARE BACKED BY A 30 MONTH SHELF LIFE WARRANTY: We guarantee that our glues will last for up to 30 months when stored under 40°F before and after use. If you are not satisfied with the performance of our product, we will provide a 100% refund or replacement.
SaleBestseller No. 4
Fitbit Versa 2 Health and Fitness Smartwatch with Heart Rate, Music, Alexa Built-In, Sleep and Swim Tracking, Black/Carbon, One Size (S and L Bands Included)
- Receive a Daily Readiness Score that reveals if you’re ready to exercise or should focus on recovery (requires Fitbit Premium membership. Premium content recommendations are not available in all locales and may be in English only)
- Run, bike, hike and more phone-free—and see your real-time pace & distance—with built-in GPS. Then check out your workout intensity map in the Fitbit app
- Active Zone Minutes uses your resting heart rate to gauge exercise effort and gives you a buzz when you step up the intensity so you can make the most of your workouts. Fitbit Versa 3 is water resistant to 50 meters
- Better track heart rate 24/7 with PurePulse 2.0, Fitbit’s enhanced heart rate technology
- Use Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa Built-in to get quick news, set bedtime reminders and alarms, control your smart home devices and more just by speaking to your watch
Bestseller No. 5
Starbond Instant Set Accelerator (Activator) for CA Super Glue, 6 oz. Aerosol
- ✅ SUPER GLUE ACCELERATOR - SPEED UP THE BONDING TIME: No more waiting! Cures CA glue in seconds.
- ✅ NO MORE WHITENING: When superglues dry too fast, you'll end up with whitening or "hazing" of the bonding surface. Our specially formulated CA accelerator is made to dry slightly slower than other accelerators on the market to prevent this effect.
- ✅ EASY BONDING: Simply spray accelerator on one surface, glue on the other surface, and press together and hold for a few seconds.
- ✅ CLEAN APPLICATION: The aerosol accelerator sprays a finer mist that could sometimes be preferred.
StarBond EM2000 works on a variety of materials, including wood, metal, rubber, ceramics, leather, gemstones, rocks and minerals, carbon fiber, fiberglass, PVC, and most plastics with ease. Its thick viscosity is still malleable and it can conform to any space or shape, big or small, without missing anything and hold on strong. It is also long-lasting and waterproof, so you can be assured that whatever gaps you fill with StarBond EM2000 will stay that way.
What Else StarBond EM2000 Can Do
StarBond EM2000 can do more than just fill gaps, it can be used for all kinds of other things. StarBond EM2000 can be used in shoe repair, repairing auto body paint, archery fletching, performing taxidermy, fragging coral, fixing car bumpers (temporarily), and bonding models to dental lab articulators. It’s a great hobbyist glue as it is capable of forming strong bonds and comes with a wide variety of applicator sizes, making it extremely adaptable to the user’s needs.
Health and Safety Warning for StarBond EM2000
StarBond EM2000 is considered toxic if inhaled, so make sure to use it either outside or in a well-ventilated area. Be sure to wash your hands after each use and avoid contact with your eyes in order to prevent irritation.
What Woodworkers Advise about StarBond EM2000
Woodworkers are fans of StarBond EM2000, but many advise against using it for large gaps in wood since it can sometimes struggle to get everywhere because of the need to do it in layers. However, they are great advocates of the product for medium and small cracks because of how quickly it dries, how strong the hold is, how well it can take sanding and polishing, and how fine the applicators are.
StarBond EM2000 does a great job both as a gap filler and hobbyist glue and is adaptable to a wide variety of materials and projects. Its bond lasts strongly for a long time and maintains its semi-flexibility very well.
Because StarBond EM2000 is not completely flexible when dry, it is not recommended for gluing glass to glass. Glass on glass requires much more flexibility than StarBond EM2000 can give, which is why it is better for materials like wood and metal.
StarBond EM2000 comes with a 30-month shelf life warranty. So long as StarBond EM2000 is stored somewhere that does not dip below 40°F/4.5°C, it should last as least 30 months after purchase.
StarBond EM2000 has a viscosity of 1500-2500 mPa.s at room temperature, which is roughly the same viscosity as honey, so it is quite thick but it will flatten out when applied to a flat surface.
Yes, StarBond EM2000 both applies and dries clear. It can also be painted or treated with varnish or polish after it dries so it can blend in perfectly with its surroundings.
Never put StarBond EM2000 in your regular household or work waste as even an empty bottle can be harmful to the environment. Contact your local waste disposal management and follow their instructions for proper disposal methods.