What is the best flooring glue?
When it comes to finding the right glue for flooring, it can be a bit overwhelming. There are tons of different types of flooring and, therefore, tons of different types of adhesives that will work well on them and it can be tough to know which ones are truly the best for your flooring material. To help you cut through all the noise, here are the best flooring glues for different types of floors.
Table of Contents
Bestseller No. 1
Cal-Flor GL82114CF Eurobond D3 Floating Floor Glue
- More effective barrier to water damage than other glues
- Perfect for wet areas such as bathrooms, kitchens
- Flexible when dry, resulting in stronger bond
- The only US product with D3 certification
- Designed for Click or Tongue & Groove flooring
SaleBestseller No. 2
Roberts 2057-0 Adheres Vinyl-Composition & Vinyl-Asphalt Structurally Sound Plywood of Underlayment Quality Tile Glue, 1 Quart
- For adhering vinyl composition tile (excluding self-stick), including tile-over-tile installation
- Bonds with concrete, APA rated plywood, one layer of existing and finish free VCT, aged cutback adhesive residue, primed gypcrete (refer to ASTM F2419) and terrazzo
- Ideal for direct bond and double bond installation
- Moisture Control Adhesive - up to 8 lbs. MVER and 85% RH
- Thin-spread adhesive dries clear in up to 24 hours with the restriction of foot traffic and moving heavy objects
Bestseller No. 3
ROBERTS 1407-1 Engineered Wood Flooring Adhesive, 1 Gallon , Beige
- For use with engineered wood planks, plain back parquet flooring and acrylic-impregnated planks up to 1/2 in. thick and 5 in. wide
- Bonds with concrete (on and above grade), APA rated plywood and acoustic cork underlayment
- For interior, direct bond installations
- Rated for heavy residential and moderate commercial traffic
- Up to 20 minutes open time, 30 minutes working time and 24 to 48 hours curing time
Bestseller No. 4
The Original Fix-A-Floor Repair Adhesive for Loose Tile & Wood Floors - 2 Pack *Keep from Freezing Before Use*
- Tube Tip Fits Into All Grout Lines Narrow or Wide
Bestseller No. 5
Titebond Tongue & Groove Flooring Glue #2104 (6 bottles)
- Ideal for Engineered Wood and Laminate Floors
- Passes Type II Water Resistance
- Superior Bond Strength
- Environmentally Superior
- Approximate 200LF at 1/8" bead per 16 oz bottle
For hardwood floors, the best glue is far and away Bostik GreenForce. Bostik GreenForce is a urethane adhesive that is generally regarded by professionals as being the very best for hardwood floors. Particularly strong on concrete substrates, once dry Bostik GreenForce’s bond is so strong that it is all but impossible to break. Bostik GreenForce also has excellent moisture control, meaning it prevents moisture from coming up through the substrate, concrete or not, and coming into contact with the wood. When working with Bostik GreenForce, be aware that it dries so quickly that you have little time to work with it once you apply it, so make sure you know exactly where all your wood planks need to go first.
Best Tile Flooring Glues
Now, when it comes to tile flooring, to affix it to a substrate requires grout and mortar, which is not what we are here to talk about. However, if you need to fix a tile floor, then the best glue for the job is Fix-A-Floor Loose Tile Repair Adhesive. Fix-A-Floor Loose Tile Repair Adhesive is a clear glue with a fine tip applicator which makes it great for getting into narrow grout lines. But, if you need something a bit bigger, it also comes with a wide-tip applicator for those bigger pieces of tile that break off. Fix-A-Floor Loose Tile Repair Adhesive can work for hollow tile, marble, and stone with no problem at all.
Best Vinyl Flooring Glue
The best glue for vinyl flooring is ROBERTS R6300 Pressure Sensitive Adhesive. ROBERTS R6300 Pressure Sensitive Adhesive is a moisture-control adhesive that is non-flammable and solvent-free and is often the glue of choice for commercial vinyl flooring installations.
Best Carpet Flooring Glue
The best carpet flooring glue is Henry Indoor/Outdoor Carpet Adhesive. Henry Indoor/Outdoor Carpet Adhesive is the perfect carpet glue because it can bond carpet to just about anything including concrete (painted or not), aluminum boat decks, asphalt paving fiberglass, and much more. There is very little that Henry Indoor/Outdoor Carpet Adhesive can’t adhere carpet to. Henry Indoor/Outdoor Carpet Adhesive has a strong initial grab and is completely water-resistant, meaning that it can be used outdoors as well as indoors.
The best hardwood flooring glue is Bostik GreenForce. The best tile flooring glue is Fix-A-Floor Loose Tile Repair Adhesive. The best vinyl flooring glue is ROBERTS R6300 Pressure Sensitive Adhesive. And the best carpet flooring glue is Henry Indoor/Outdoor Carpet Adhesive.
Absolutely. In fact, glue is by far the most reliable way to lay hardwood floors because of how strong and permanent modern glues are now.
No, Bostik GreenForce is flexible when dry and so it can move with your flooring without losing its bond and without causing any damage to your wood.
Fix-A-Floor Loose Tile Repair Adhesive takes 24 hours to cure completely and it that time it is better to not step on the tile in order to make sure that it stays where it’s supposed to, so after applying Fix-A-Floor Loose Tile Repair Adhesive and getting the tile just right, place a bucket on top of it to make sure you remember where not to step.
Yes, ROBERTS R6300 Pressure Sensitive Adhesive can be applied easily with a paint roller.
Henry Indoor/Outdoor Carpet Adhesive takes anywhere from 24-48 hours to dry, but it doesn’t become water-resistant until 5 days after application.