What is the best glue for doc martens?
Doc Martens are some of the most stylish and highest quality shoes on the market, so it can be a real downer when they break or are worn through. But never fear! There are adhesives out there that are more than up to the challenge of repairing them. Here are the best glues for fixing Doc Martens.
Table of Contents
SaleBestseller No. 1
Petronio's Master All-Purpose Cement 4 oz (1 each)
- Master All Purpose Cement is a professional strength glue (adhesive) that can be used on leather, rubber and vinyl.
- Ideal for patching rubber boots, resole leather shoes, boots, wood, rubber, metal, plastic, plaster, paper, concrete and much, more!
- Once you Try this cement, you'll see why it's considered one of the best adhesives on the market
- Industrial Use, all purpose cement provides a Strong Bond with just one coat
- Easy-to-spread, non-smearing, waterproof formula is flexible and long lasting
Bestseller No. 2
Boot-Fix Shoe Glue: Instant Professional Grade Shoe Repair Glue
- PROFESSIONAL STRENGTH shoe glue that bonds almost instantly with no clamping!
- STRONG FLEXIBLE BOND IN SECONDS. Make your repairs with confidence, Shoe-Fix Glue creates a flexible bond fast!
- NO EXPANDING, dries clear, heat, cold, and moisture resistant.
- COMPATIBLE MATERIALS: Faux Leather, Vinyl, Polyurethane, Leather, Rubber, Plastic, Wood, Fabric, and more!
- REPAIRS ALL TYPES OF FOOTWEAR: boots, athletic shoes, climbing shoes, dress shoes, high heels, sandals, cleats, hand bags, sneakers, and much more!
Bestseller No. 3
Dr. Martens Unisex Carlson Mule, Black, 8 US Men
- Give enhanced comfort to your feet all day long wearing Dr. Martens Carlson Clogs.
- Suede upper.
- Comfort insole.
- Comfort insole.
- Round toe.
SaleBestseller No. 4
Doc Martin - Series 10
- Martin Clunes, Caroline Catz, John Marquez (Actors)
- Bel Bolt (Director)
SaleBestseller No. 5
VivoFoot Gel Heel Protectors,Heel Pain and Cracked Heels Relief for Men and Women (2 Pairs)
- COMPLETE HEEL PROTECTION: it provide complete protection for your foot and anything uncomfortable in the area
- RELIEVE FOR CRACKED HEELS: soft and breathable gel can keep your heels moisturized and help remedy any irritation due to dry cracked heels
- ALLEVIATE HEEL PAINS: soft and stretchy material alleviates heel pains caused by heel spurs, planter fasciitis and Achilles tendonitis
- LONG LASTING DESIGN: made with high-quality material, can be reusable and rewashed, and durable so you can reuse them multiple times
- ONE FITS ALL: it can suit any size of foot with high elasticity and flexibility
Doc Martens are durable shoes so they need durable glue when being repaired, especially if it’s the sole, which are pretty heavy-duty in Doc Martens. That’s why the best glue for fixing the soles of Doc Martens is Gear AIid Shoe Repair Glue. Gear AIid Shoe Repair Glue is perfect because it has a strong bonding power that can handle hiking boots and all the wear that comes with those. Gear AIid Shoe Repair Glue dries clear and is flexible rubber, so it won’t crack and break away from the sole like other adhesives might.
Best Glue to Repair Doc Martens Cracked Leather
Should the leather on the sides of your Doc Martens become dry and crack, the best product to handle the job is Aleene’s Leather & Suede Glue. When it comes to fixing cracked leather, especially leather as fine as what Doc Martens uses, there is a whole process that involves other products beyond just as adhesive, so some further research into products is necessary, but Aleene’s Leather & Suede Glue is the best glue to handle the adhesive portion of the repair as it is waterproof so it won’t wear out in poor weather down the road.
Best Glue for Rubber Doc Martens
Not all Doc Martens are made with the classic leather, there are some made of rubber. If the rubber of your Doc Marten breaks, the best glue for the repair is Boot-Fix Shoe Glue: Professional Grade. This glue is made for rubber work boots and will work spectacularly on rubber Doc Martens with a long-lasting hold.
Best Glue for Doc Martens Sandal Straps
Just like how not all Doc Marten boots are made from leather, not all Doc Martens are boots. They also make sandals and if the strap on your pair of Doc Marten sandals breaks, the best glue for the repair is Shoe Goo. Shoe Goo is black, waterproof, and made to repair leather and rubber work boots, so it will be able to handle a sandal strap like it’s nothing.
The best glue overall for Doc Martens is Gear Aid Shoe Repair Glue. The best adhesive to fix a tear in Doc Martens’ leather is Aleene’s Leather & Suede Glue. The best glue for fixing rubber Doc Martens is Boot-Fix Shoe Glue: Professional Grade. And the best adhesive for Doc Marten sandals is Shoe Goo.
The best way to prolong the life of your Doc Martens and to prevent any damages is to give them a good thorough cleaning about every 3 months or so and lubricate the rubber and leather.
Yes, Aleene’s Leather & Suede Glue will work just as well if the leather is peeling, it really doesn’t make much difference.
Yes, Gear Air Shoe Repair Glue will hold the soles of Doc Martens, but make sure it is given a full cure time of 24 hours after application in order to ensure the strongest bond possible.
Yes, Shoe Goo comes in black, white, and clear, so no matter the color of your Doc Martens, Shoe Goo will blend in seamlessly.
No, Boot-Fix Shoe Glue: Professional Grade is not like super glue because it won’t crack after it dries and will be able to maintain its flexibility and move with your feet and resist the elements better than super glue would be able to because it is specifically designed for shoes.