What is the best glue for doc martens?
Doc Martens are some of the most stylish and highest quality shoes on the market, so it can be a real downer when they break or are worn through. But never fear! There are adhesives out there that are more than up to the challenge of repairing them. Here are the best glues for fixing Doc Martens.
Table of Contents
Bestseller No. 1
Dr. Martens Classic Insole, Black, 10 M UK (Mens 11 US)
- Gel insert in heel absorbs impact
- Ergonomic heel cup cradles the foot while offering firm arch support
Bestseller No. 2
Dr. Martens Men's Wonder Balsam 85ml, No Color, One Size
- Wax formulated to nourish, condition, and protect leather
Bestseller No. 3
Dr. Martens Women's 2976 Leonore Fashion Boot, Black Burnished Wyoming, 8
- Constructed for comfort on the iconic Dr. Martens air-cushioned sole
- This boot is Goodyear-welted, meaning the upper and sole are sewn together in our heat-sealed z-welt stitch.
- Good abrasion and slip resistance
- Lined with warm faux fur
- Retains essential Doc DNA, like yellow stitching, grooved sides, and heel loop
SaleBestseller No. 4
Dr. Martens womens 1460 W Combat Boot, Black, 8 US
- 8-eye boot
- Retains classic Doc's DNA, including grooved sides, heel-loop and yellow stitching
- Built on the iconic Dr. Martens air-cushioned sole, which is oil and fat resistant, with good abrasion and slip resistance
- Wipe clean with a damp cloth only, do not use leather cleaner on Patent Lamper this may dull or damage the finish.
Bestseller No. 5
Dr. Martens - 1461 Nappa, Black, 11 M US Women/10 M US Men
- THE CLASSIC SHOE: Crafted for industry and made rebellious, the 1461 is the classic 3-eye shoe; Complete with grooved edges and yellow stitching for the iconic Doc's look
- AIR-CUSHIONED: Dr. Martens famous “bouncing” AirWair soles are comfortable, oil and fat resistant and provide good abrasion and slip resistance
- MADE LIKE NO OTHER: Shoes built to pound the pavement; The leather upper and sole are heat-sealed together for exceptional durability
- AUTHENTIC AS YOU: Made with classic leather that only gets better with time; Use Dr. Martens Wonder Balsam to protect the leather and keep your boots clean, soft and supple
- KICK THE NORM: From utilitarian work boot to cultural icon, Dr. Martens became a symbol of self-expression; Stand up, stand out and wear them well
Doc Martens are durable shoes so they need durable glue when being repaired, especially if it’s the sole, which are pretty heavy-duty in Doc Martens. That’s why the best glue for fixing the soles of Doc Martens is Gear AIid Shoe Repair Glue. Gear AIid Shoe Repair Glue is perfect because it has a strong bonding power that can handle hiking boots and all the wear that comes with those. Gear AIid Shoe Repair Glue dries clear and is flexible rubber, so it won’t crack and break away from the sole like other adhesives might.
Best Glue to Repair Doc Martens Cracked Leather
Should the leather on the sides of your Doc Martens become dry and crack, the best product to handle the job is Aleene’s Leather & Suede Glue. When it comes to fixing cracked leather, especially leather as fine as what Doc Martens uses, there is a whole process that involves other products beyond just as adhesive, so some further research into products is necessary, but Aleene’s Leather & Suede Glue is the best glue to handle the adhesive portion of the repair as it is waterproof so it won’t wear out in poor weather down the road.
Best Glue for Rubber Doc Martens
Not all Doc Martens are made with the classic leather, there are some made of rubber. If the rubber of your Doc Marten breaks, the best glue for the repair is Boot-Fix Shoe Glue: Professional Grade. This glue is made for rubber work boots and will work spectacularly on rubber Doc Martens with a long-lasting hold.
Best Glue for Doc Martens Sandal Straps
Just like how not all Doc Marten boots are made from leather, not all Doc Martens are boots. They also make sandals and if the strap on your pair of Doc Marten sandals breaks, the best glue for the repair is Shoe Goo. Shoe Goo is black, waterproof, and made to repair leather and rubber work boots, so it will be able to handle a sandal strap like it’s nothing.
The best glue overall for Doc Martens is Gear Aid Shoe Repair Glue. The best adhesive to fix a tear in Doc Martens’ leather is Aleene’s Leather & Suede Glue. The best glue for fixing rubber Doc Martens is Boot-Fix Shoe Glue: Professional Grade. And the best adhesive for Doc Marten sandals is Shoe Goo.
The best way to prolong the life of your Doc Martens and to prevent any damages is to give them a good thorough cleaning about every 3 months or so and lubricate the rubber and leather.
Yes, Aleene’s Leather & Suede Glue will work just as well if the leather is peeling, it really doesn’t make much difference.
Yes, Gear Air Shoe Repair Glue will hold the soles of Doc Martens, but make sure it is given a full cure time of 24 hours after application in order to ensure the strongest bond possible.
Yes, Shoe Goo comes in black, white, and clear, so no matter the color of your Doc Martens, Shoe Goo will blend in seamlessly.
No, Boot-Fix Shoe Glue: Professional Grade is not like super glue because it won’t crack after it dries and will be able to maintain its flexibility and move with your feet and resist the elements better than super glue would be able to because it is specifically designed for shoes.