What is the best glue for espadrilles?
Espadrilles are fun, comfortable shoes that are super comfortable to wear in the summertime, but because they aren’t made with traditional shoe materials, it can be difficult to find the best glues to reair them when they break. Here are the best glues for espadrilles.
Table of Contents
Bestseller No. 1
Gorilla Super Glue Gel XL, 25 Gram, Clear, (Pack of 1)
- GEL FORMULA: No run control gel formula that is great for use on vertical surfaces
- ANTI CLOG CAP: Helps keep the glue from drying out. It's Gorilla tough use after use.
- IMPACT TOUGH: Specially formulated for increased impact resistance and strength
- FAST-SETTING: Dries in 10-45 seconds. No clamping required.
- VERSATILE: Bonds plastic, wood, metal, ceramic, rubber, leather, paper and more. Not recommended for use on polyethylene or polypropylene plastic or similar materials.
SaleBestseller No. 2
Gorilla Clear Glue, 5.75 Ounce Bottle, Clear
- Crystal Clear
- Water Resistant
- Incredibly Strong
- Bonds Virtually Everything: Wood, Stone, Metal, Ceramic, Foam, Glass & More
SaleBestseller No. 3
DREAM PAIRS Women's Black Closed Toe Elastic Ankle Strap Espadrilles Wedge Sandals Size 7 M US Amanda-1
- Elastic ankle strap for a flexible fit
- Fabric vamp with elastic side goring providing easy wear ability
- Wedge heel great for giving stability, measures approximately 2.4"
- Classic closed round toe suitable for daily wearing and vacation
- TPU outsole, PU insole add comfort and provided decent amount of cushion
Bestseller No. 4
Bearly Art Precision Craft Glue - The Original - 4fl oz - Tip Kit Included - Dries Clear - Metal Tip - Wrinkle Resistant - Flexible and Crack Resistant - Strong Hold Adhesive - Made in USA
- CLEAR-DRYING PREMIUM ART & CRAFT GLUE: Create a professional-level look for all styles of crafts. Best art glitter glue available.
- MULTIPLE-SIZED TIPS: Provides more choices in application! Get better accuracy, freedom, and control with precision tips that twist and snap into place!
- WRINKLE & CLUMP RESISTANT: Specially formulated to stay smooth and minimize warping or wrinkling. When highly desiring no warping or wrinkling be conservative with application of glue.
- MADE IN USA: Proudly made in USA and safe to use on a variety of projects with an industrial strength bond. 1 Year Shelf Life.
- FREEZE/THAW STABLE: Can ship year ‘round and has been tested to be freeze/thaw stable for 5 freeze/thaw cycles. Perfect arts & crafts glue for the holidays!
Bestseller No. 5
Gorilla Original Gorilla Glue, Waterproof Polyurethane Glue, 8 Ounce Bottle, Brown, (Pack of 1)
- ORIGINAL GORILLA GLUE: The water activated polyurethane formula expands into materials to form an incredibly strong bond to virtually anything
- 100% WATERPROOF: Doesn't break down when exposed to outdoor elements
- VERSATILE: Easily bonds wood, stone, metal, ceramic, foam, glass, concrete and much more
- INCREDIBLY STRONG: Expands 3 times into the materials to form an incredibly strong bond
- TEMPERATURE RESISTANT: Bond holds through hot and cold temperatures
By far the best glue for espadrilles is Shoe Goo. Shoe Goo is simply one of the best glues on the market for its versatility and durability. Shoe Goo will be able to repair any pair of espadrilles because it can cond to a wide range of materials, including canvas. Shoe Goo works great as a sealant and is a permanent repair solution, so once you use it to repair your espadrille, you will never need to repair the same spot again.
Best Glue for Espadrilles with a Brush
Sometimes espadrilles require thin and precise adhesive applications when being repaired and for those times, look no further than Krazy Glue. Krazy Glue comes with a small brush to allow for thin and precise adhesive applications. It is also easier to cover larger areas with Krazy Glue, so if you have a bogger repair for your espadrilles, Krazy Glue will be able to handle that as well without creating much, if any, mess.
How to Repair a Tear in Espadrille Canvas
Best Glue for Espadrille Canvas
The best glue for the canvas part of your espadrilles, by far, is Tear Mender Instant Fabric and Leather Adhesive. Tear Mender Instant Fabric and Leather Adhesive is an incredibly strong clue that dries in just 3 minutes and fully cures within 15 and is even washable, so your espadrille patch-up won’t be lost when you wash your shoes.
Best UV-Resistant Glue for Espadrilles
If you wear your espadrilles out in the sun frequently, then you may need a UV-resistant glue to help you with repairs. The best UV-resistant glue for espadrilles is Amazing GOOP II MAX. Amazing GOOP II MAX is a strong, waterproof adhesive that stays flexible, never becomes brittle and resists cracking and yellowing no matter the weather. On top of that, Amazing GOOP II MAX is also paintable, so if necessary, it can be painted to match your espadrille exactly.
The best overall glue for espadrilles is Shoe Goo. The best adhesive with a brush for espadrilles is Krazy Glue. The best glue for espadrille canvas is Tear Mender Instant Fabric and Leather Adhesive. And the best UV-resistant adhesive for espadrilles is Amazing GOOP II MAX.
For espadrilles, it is better to use a waterproofing spray than an adhesive. The adhesive likely wouldn’t last.
Yes, Shoe Goo is 100% waterproof. Though espadrille shouldn’t get wet, you won’t have to worry if they do after you have repaired them with Shoe Goo, the glue will hold nicely.
Krazy Glue takes just 2 to 6 minutes to set and does not require any clamping at all in order to help it dry.
Yes, after repairing fabric with Tear Mender Instant Fabric and Leather Adhesive it is wearable within just 3 minutes and it is completely washable within 15 minutes.
Yes, Amazing GOOP II MAX can be painted, so it can be whatever color you need it to be to match your espadrille.