What is the best glue for espadrilles?
Espadrilles are fun, comfortable shoes that are super comfortable to wear in the summertime, but because they aren’t made with traditional shoe materials, it can be difficult to find the best glues to reair them when they break. Here are the best glues for espadrilles.
Table of Contents
SaleBestseller No. 1
Shoe Goo Repair Adhesive for Fixing Worn Shoes or Boots, Clear, 3.7-Ounce Tube
- Shoe Repair and Protective Coating for Leather, Vinyl, Rubber or Canvas
- Bonds, protects and rebuilds for a permanent repair
- Excellent sealant – Perfect for patching Small holes
- Waterproof – Bond remains secure even when exposed to Water
- Creates extra traction – can even be used on skateboards
Bestseller No. 2
Gorilla Super Glue Gel XL, 25 Gram, Clear, (Pack of 1)
- GEL FORMULA: No run control gel formula that is great for use on vertical surfaces
- ANTI CLOG CAP: Helps keep the glue from drying out. It's Gorilla tough use after use.
- IMPACT TOUGH: Specially formulated for increased impact resistance and strength
- FAST-SETTING: Dries in 10-45 seconds. No clamping required.
- VERSATILE: Bonds plastic, wood, metal, ceramic, rubber, leather, paper and more. Not recommended for use on polyethylene or polypropylene plastic or similar materials.
Bestseller No. 3
Gorilla Original Gorilla Glue, Waterproof Polyurethane Glue, 8 Ounce Bottle, Brown, (Pack of 1)
- ORIGINAL GORILLA GLUE: The water activated polyurethane formula expands into materials to form an incredibly strong bond to virtually anything
- 100% WATERPROOF: Doesn't break down when exposed to outdoor elements
- VERSATILE: Easily bonds wood, stone, metal, ceramic, foam, glass, concrete and much more
- INCREDIBLY STRONG: Expands 3 times into the materials to form an incredibly strong bond
- TEMPERATURE RESISTANT: Bond holds through hot and cold temperatures
Bestseller No. 4
Shoe Glue Sole Repair Adhesive, Waterproof Clear Shoe Repair Glue Kit for Sneakers Leather Boots Handbags Fix Soles Heels Repair (60mL)
- 👞【Shoe Glue Sole Repair Adhesive】Loeosn shoe glue is ideal for fixing worn soles or damaged heels, coating shoes to prevent premature wear and sealing galoshes, waders or rubber boots. The unique formula is designed for strong abrasion resistance and better adhesion to flexible materials.
- 👞【Shoe Repair Glue Kit】1pcs 60ml waterproof clear shoe glue + 1pcs rubber band + 2pcs sandpaper for repairing shoes.
- 👞【Precision Tip Design】Shoe repair glue is made with a soft tube design with precision tips, leather shoe glue is easy to squeeze out have perfect accuracy and control. Make it easy to work with this boot glue.
- 👞【Easy to Use】Different from other quick-drying glues, slow-drying soft glue has stronger waterproof function and more durable characteristics. It is initially cured for 3-5 minutes, and the waterproof effect is remarkable after it is fully cured after standing for 24 hours. (Full Curing Time is 24 hours）
- 👞【Wide Application】Clear shoe glue sole adhesive makes long-lasting repairs and seal leaks on boots, sneakers, sandals, or hiking footwear. They also make a great sealant and bonding for leather belts, handbags, crafts.
Bestseller No. 5
Beacon 3-in-1 Advanced Crafting Glue, 4-Ounce, 2-Pack
- Dries crystal clear
- Instant grab
- Fast drying
- Acid free
By far the best glue for espadrilles is Shoe Goo. Shoe Goo is simply one of the best glues on the market for its versatility and durability. Shoe Goo will be able to repair any pair of espadrilles because it can cond to a wide range of materials, including canvas. Shoe Goo works great as a sealant and is a permanent repair solution, so once you use it to repair your espadrille, you will never need to repair the same spot again.
Best Glue for Espadrilles with a Brush
Sometimes espadrilles require thin and precise adhesive applications when being repaired and for those times, look no further than Krazy Glue. Krazy Glue comes with a small brush to allow for thin and precise adhesive applications. It is also easier to cover larger areas with Krazy Glue, so if you have a bogger repair for your espadrilles, Krazy Glue will be able to handle that as well without creating much, if any, mess.
How to Repair a Tear in Espadrille Canvas
Best Glue for Espadrille Canvas
The best glue for the canvas part of your espadrilles, by far, is Tear Mender Instant Fabric and Leather Adhesive. Tear Mender Instant Fabric and Leather Adhesive is an incredibly strong clue that dries in just 3 minutes and fully cures within 15 and is even washable, so your espadrille patch-up won’t be lost when you wash your shoes.
Best UV-Resistant Glue for Espadrilles
If you wear your espadrilles out in the sun frequently, then you may need a UV-resistant glue to help you with repairs. The best UV-resistant glue for espadrilles is Amazing GOOP II MAX. Amazing GOOP II MAX is a strong, waterproof adhesive that stays flexible, never becomes brittle and resists cracking and yellowing no matter the weather. On top of that, Amazing GOOP II MAX is also paintable, so if necessary, it can be painted to match your espadrille exactly.
The best overall glue for espadrilles is Shoe Goo. The best adhesive with a brush for espadrilles is Krazy Glue. The best glue for espadrille canvas is Tear Mender Instant Fabric and Leather Adhesive. And the best UV-resistant adhesive for espadrilles is Amazing GOOP II MAX.
For espadrilles, it is better to use a waterproofing spray than an adhesive. The adhesive likely wouldn’t last.
Yes, Shoe Goo is 100% waterproof. Though espadrille shouldn’t get wet, you won’t have to worry if they do after you have repaired them with Shoe Goo, the glue will hold nicely.
Krazy Glue takes just 2 to 6 minutes to set and does not require any clamping at all in order to help it dry.
Yes, after repairing fabric with Tear Mender Instant Fabric and Leather Adhesive it is wearable within just 3 minutes and it is completely washable within 15 minutes.
Yes, Amazing GOOP II MAX can be painted, so it can be whatever color you need it to be to match your espadrille.