What is the best glue for fixing glasses?
Breaking your glasses can be such a terrible feeling, especially when you rely on them for simple everyday tasks. New frames and lenses are expensive, so many turn to glue to help them repair their glasses when they break the frames. Here are the best glues for fixing glasses.
Table of Contents
Bestseller No. 1
50ml 1:1 Epoxy Resin AB Glue Epoxy Glue Transparent for Bonding Fixing Metal Ceramics Wood Glass Plastic & 2pcs 1:1 Mixing Nozzles
- Epoxy glue mixing ratio: A:B = 1:1
- Epoxy resin capacity:50ml
- Epoxy AB glue curing time: 5-30 minutes
- Epoxy adhesive temperature resistance: -30?-90?
- Resin Epoxy suitable for bonding and fixing of metal,ceramics,wood,glass and hard plastic etc.
SaleBestseller No. 2
Epoxy Putty Stick, XUDOAI Moldable Epoxy Glue for Crack Damage Fixing Filling or Sealing. Fast Permanent Repair for Metal, Glass, Wood, Plastic, Ceramics & Other Surfaces
- ✔Use to seal pipes, fix leaks in tanks and drains, repair appliances, tools, furniture, toys, automotive parts, pools and cracks in concrete.
- ✔Bonds to a range of materials, including metal, wood, glass, ceramic, fiberglass, stone, marble and many rigid plastics.
- ✔Easy to use: Simply cut, hand knead until color become uniform and apply to damaged area then all you do is let It dry.
- ✔0-10 minutes: Mixing time, finish kneading and use. 10minutes-24 hours: curing time, the hardness increases rapidly. After 24 hours: completely hardened and permanently fixed.
- ✔Please use within a year, after use can be permanently fixed. If you have any questions, welcome to contact us, we will reply to you at the first time.
Bestseller No. 3
Removable Adhesive Nano Gel Tape - Double Sided Heavy Duty Traceless Tape for Wall,Kitchen,Carpet,Photo, Car Glass Fixing Home Decor and DIY Crafts by Honwally (3 Meters) Thickness:2mm
- Strong Viscosity: New technology Nano PU gel with 2 mm thickness double sided adhesive tape can hold item up to 1 KG,length 9.85 Feet ,width 3.0cm(1.18in) ,thickness 2mm (0.07in)
- Multi function tape: Can help you organize your messy items in office, kitchen, Car. Save trouble for drilling a hole . keep things in order and save space. and there are more applicative scene expect you to discover.
- Easy to use: Cut the size you want, stick it to the wall and peel the film off before applying it, Transparent and Non toxic
- Washable and Recyclable Tape: Still high performance after washing it, please note you need wait it dry after wash the gel tape.
- Please note the inapplicable surface on the second picture, if you use it on lime wall. it might damage the surface when you try to remove the gel tape cause the strong viscosity. if you do not like our product, you can always message us get your money back in 60 days.
Bestseller No. 4
Loctite Glass Glue 2-Gram Tube (233841)
- Brand name: Loctite
- Country of Origin: United States
- No batteries required
- Bonding all types of glass to itself and glass to non-porous materials such as, steel and certain plastics
- Works on clear, tinted, brown, opaque and stained glass and crystal - water and heat resistant, dishwasher-safe
SaleBestseller No. 5
Aleene's 21709 Jewelry & Metal Instant Adhesive Transparent, .70 ounce
- Aleene's jewelry and metal glue. This .70 ounce tube of glue is an instant adhesive perfect for metals, stones, glass and beads. Make your creative ideas stick with this specialized glue. 1 piece per package.
- Bonds quickly and gel formula won't run when applied
- Dries clear, strong and permanent
- Available in .7oz metal squeeze tube
Overall the best glue for fixing glasses is Gorilla Super Glue Gel. Cheap and widely available, Gorilla Super Glue Gel is perfect for fixing glasses because not only is it incredibly strong and durable, but it is also impact-resistant and dries in just 10-45 seconds without the need for a clamp. Gorilla Super Glue Gel will bond with a variety of materials but will work best on plastic glasses frames.
Best Glue for Fixing Glasses in Hot Climates
Not everyone lives in cold or temperate climates, so for those people who live in hot climates, you will need a glue that can resist hot temperatures when fixing your glasses. The best glue for fixing glasses in hot climates is J-B Weld Plastic Bonder. J-B Weld Plastic Bonder, as indicated by the name, is only good for plastic glasses, but it has the incredible ability to withstand constant temperatures up to 500° F. Your glasses would likely mely before the adhesive, so if you live where it’s hot and your break your plastic glasses, get J-B Weld Plastic Bonder.
Best UV Glue for Fixing Glasses
If you need an adhesive to fix your glasses that will last longer than a few days, Bondic LED UV Liquid Plastic Welder is your best option. Bondic LED UV Liquid Plastic Welder has an incredibly strong bond and cures in just a few seconds with the help of the UV light that the kit comes with. It is still not a permanent solution for fixing your glasses, but the bond is so fast and strong, it is perfect for emergencies when you can’t get to your optometrist for several days.
Best Micro Glue for Fixing Glasses
Sometimes small pieces break off of glasses and when that happens, a micro glue is necessary to help you get the precision you need to fix them. The best micro glue for fixing glasses is Gorilla Micro Precise Super Glue. Gorilla Micro Precise Super Glue can work on a number of materials including plastic, wood, metal, and more. It has a super fine applicator tip and a controlled dispensing tool that gives you the most precise application possible. Not only that but Gorilla Micro Precise Super Glue dries in just 10-45 seconds, so your repair, no matter how small, can be done quickly and painlessly.
Overall, the best glue for fixing glasses is Gorilla Super Glue Gel. The best adhesive for fixing glasses in hot climates is J-B Weld Plastic Bonder Structural Adhesive Syringe. The best UV adhesive for fixing glasses is Bondic LED UV Liquid Plastic Welder. And the best micro glue for fixing glasses is Gorilla Micro Precise Super Glue.
It depends on the glue that you use and if you follow the proper steps when gluing your frames. Using glue to fix your glasses can last you months or it can just last until your next eye appointment when you can get new frames.
It only takes Gorilla Super Glue Gel 10-45 seconds to dry and no clamping is required to help the glue set.
No, J-B Weld Plastic Bonder Structural Adhesive Syringe is rigid when dry, not flexible. But a flexible glue is not what you want for fixing glasses anyway, a rigid glue will have a much stronger and longer-lasting hold for glasses.
Yes, after it fully cures, Bondic LED UV Liquid Plastic Welder is 100% waterproof and it dries clear.
While Gorilla Micro Precise Super Glue does work on metal, fixing metal frames with glue is not the best option as the adhesives don’t tend to last very long. Gorilla Micro Precise Super Glue will work much better on plastic glasses frames.