What is the best glue for glass?
Glass is not always easy to fix when it breaks and finding a good glue for it that holds strong and dries clear enough can be a real challenge. Whether you are trying to repair glass or are working with it for a project, there is a lot to consider when looking for a good adhesive for glass. Here are the best glues for different glass applications.
Table of Contents
Bestseller No. 1
Loctite Glass Glue 2-Gram Tube (233841)
- Brand name: Loctite
- Country of Origin: United States
- No batteries required
- Bonding all types of glass to itself and glass to non-porous materials such as, steel and certain plastics
- Works on clear, tinted, brown, opaque and stained glass and crystal - water and heat resistant, dishwasher-safe
SaleBestseller No. 2
Gorilla Clear Glue, 1.75 Ounce Bottle, Clear, (Pack of 1)
- Bonds virtually everything: wood, stone, metal, ceramic, foam, glass & more
- Crystal clear
- Water resistant
- Incredibly strong and easy to use
SaleBestseller No. 3
Loctite Super Glue Gel, Two 2-Gram Tubes (1399965), 2 Pack, Clear and colorless, 7
- Super glue
- No drip application
- High strength
- Bonds ceramic, china, paper, wood, rubber, leather, metal and most plastics
Bestseller No. 4
Instant Glass Glue, 3 pack
- Loctite Glass glue dries clear, sets without clamping and is dishwasher safe
Bestseller No. 5
CAT PALM B-7000 Adhesive, Multi-Function Glues Paste Adhesive Suitable for Glass,Wooden, Jewelery, 0.9 oz, 2 Packs
- ★Using a needle design, can be opened after use, won't get gagging..Allows Small Adhesive drops for fine, Precise , Controlled and no mess Applications.
- ★Multi Purpose,Able to permanently bond various materials.Suited for Smart Phone,Jewelry,Electronic Components,Toys, Metal, Glass, Rubber, Fiber, Paper, Ceramics, Wood, Cloth, Textile, Nylon, PVC, Leather and other materials.
- ★Impact resistance: Very high elasticity, can be stretched to its own length of 900% will not break, effectively bonding with the expansion of the material with the surface, improve the durability of the load bearing structure.
- ★Sealing characteristics: sealed and isolated gas, liquid, air flow, in the underwater environment with plastic long-term to maintain excellent bonding strength.
- ★Surface dry time:about 6 minutes.
Glass repairs are very finicky and most household adhesives are not up to the task of fixing glass. So if you are going to have any adhesive lying around your house for glue it should absolutely be Loctite Glass Glue. Loctite Glass Glue is the best glass glue because it is made for glass and glass only. It is completely clear and is compatible with clear glass, tinted glass, stained glass, opaque glass, and even crystal. And the best part is it sets in just a few seconds so you don’t have to spend ages holding glass pieces together.
Best Glue for Glass Mosaics
Mosaics are a tricky thing to find a good adhesive for because they require glue that can dry completely clear without clouding the glass and ruining the design. The best glue for glass mosaics is Weld Bond. Weld Bond will bond with clear, tinted, or stained glass no problem and won’t cloud any of them at all. Weld Bond holds strong and makes any glass mosaic look beautiful and clear.
Best Glue for Glass to Metal
Because glass and metal tend to be quite non-porous surfaces, they require one of the strongest and most durable bonds on the market, which is why Gorilla 2 Part Epoxy is the perfect adhesive for the job. Gorilla 2 Part Epoxy sets in just 5 minutes and is renowned for its durability and strength after full cure.
Best Waterproof Glue for Glass
If you need a glass glue that is also reliably waterproof, then the best product is KISS Molecular Super Bond. KISS Molecular Super Bond is the best waterproof adhesive for glass because it will dry clear and hold strong in wet conditions, meaning you can repair your broken glass lawn ornament and take comfort that the glue will hold through those strong summer storms.
The best overall glue for glass is Loctite Glass Glue. The best adhesive for glass mosaics is Weld Bond. The best adhesive for glass to metal is Gorilla 2 Part Epoxy. And the best waterproof glue for glass is KISS Molecular Super Bond.
No, not all glues cloud glass after they dry. One of the best glues for glass, Weld Bond, is completely clear after its full cure and doesn’t cloud glass whatsoever.
Yes, Loctite Glass Glue will bond nicely with Swarovski crystals. Not only that, but Loctite Glass Glue will stay clear and won’t yellow over time so your crystals will keep their shine.
No, Weld Bond is not waterproof. It is water-resistant, so it won’t entirely dissolve if it comes into contact with water, but it is best not to use it on glass that will get wet feequently.
Yes, Gorilla 2 Part Epoxy will bond glass to glass, but it does not always stay clear when dry, it can develop a yellowish tint, so it is not always recommended for glass to glass.
Technically yes, KISS Molecular Super Bond will work on a windshield, but for safety reasons, the manufacturer does not recommend it.