What is the best glue for glass?
Glass is not always easy to fix when it breaks and finding a good glue for it that holds strong and dries clear enough can be a real challenge. Whether you are trying to repair glass or are working with it for a project, there is a lot to consider when looking for a good adhesive for glass. Here are the best glues for different glass applications.
Table of Contents
Bestseller No. 1
Loctite Glass Glue, 0.07 Oz, 1, Tube
- Strong bond to all types of glass to itself and to certain metals and plastics with no clamping required
- Dries clear and colorless for smooth repairs on glass and non-porous materials
- Fast-bonding glue is heat resistant, waterproof, and dishwasher safe
- For indoor use only and not recommended for exterior surfaces
- Versatile glue is easy to use and works very well with clear, tinted, brown, opaque, and stained glass
SaleBestseller No. 2
Gorilla Clear Glue, 1.75 ounce Bottle, Clear (Pack of 1)
- Bonds virtually everything: wood, stone, metal, ceramic, foam, glass & more
- Crystal clear
- Water resistant
- Incredibly strong and easy to use
SaleBestseller No. 3
Weldbond Non-Toxic Multi-Surface Glue That Bonds Most Anything! Use as Wood Glue or for Glass Mosaic Ceramic Pottery Craft Tile Porcelaine Stone Jewelry Fabric Furniture & More. 5.4oz /160ml 2-Pack
- ✅ BONDS MOST ANYTHING: No need to carry multiple types of glue bottles. This glue has unbelievable strength, is water-resistant, weatherproof, permanent, flexible and quick dry clear.
- ✅ GREAT FOR CARPENTRY: Bonds stronger than wood! Sandable, paintable & translucent. No run, no drip. Clear glue, easily cleans up with water. Fast setting in only 20 minutes, no clamping required.
- ✅ PERFECT for MOSAIC & ART PROJECTS: Great for mural & sculpture. Bonds most tiles & hard surfaces such as porcelain, pottery, stone, marble, granite, clay, cork, slate & composite like Corian.
- ✅ FANTASTIC GLUE for Kids and Crafts: Probably the best glue for school projects, scrapbook, hobby and a wide range of handmade projects. Use it at home, classroom, office, workshop, or cottage.
- ✅ SAFE FOR YOUR FAMILY: Weldbond is non-toxic, odorless, non-flammable & emits no fume. It has no animal by-products and is environmentally friendly. Certified Ecologo & UL 2762. Packaging may vary
Bestseller No. 4
Glass Glue, 30g Glass to Glass Glue Clear, Super Instant Glue, Glue for Glass Repair, Acrylic Glue for Glass, Ceramics, Pottery, Plastic, Metal, Acrylic, Mirrors, Jewelry, DIY
- 【Instant & Super viscosity】Glass glue made from industrial strength cyanoacrylate with ultra-tack and unique instant bonding properties that securely bonds materials in seconds, saving you valuable time. Unlike other short-acting glues, our super glue for glass can stay sticky all the time, making your crafts more stable and beautiful.
- 【Multifunctional Glue】Yeardera glass repair glue effortlessly bonds an array of materials, including glass repair, ceramics, pottery, metal, plastic. Acrylic adhesive is suitable for all kinds of uneven, rough and vertical surfaces.
- 【Safe and Non-toxic】Our acrylic adhesive is formulated with an exclusive formula and subjected to rigorous testing, obtaining MSDS, SGS, and various safety certifications. It's a transparent, odorless, and environmentally friendly acrylic adhesive, making it safe for individuals of all ages, including the elderly, children, and pets.
- 【Easy to Apply】Designed with your convenience in mind, our glue for glass features a user-friendly nozzle for easy application to bonding areas. Paired with a precision tip applicator, even in the trickiest, hard-to-reach spots, the glass repair glue ensures swift, pinpoint dispensing.
- 【Outstanding Customer Service】Your satisfaction is our utmost concern. If you encounter any issues with the mirror adhesive during usage or any spills caused by shipping, please reach out to us promptly. We are fully dedicated to delivering swift replacement or refund services, guaranteeing your complete contentment.
Bestseller No. 5
Glass Glue, 30g Clear Waterproof Acrylic Glue, Glass to Glass Glue for Bonding Glass and Other Materials, Super Instant Glue for Glass, Acrylic, Mirror
- Super Performance: Cyanoacrylate super glue specially formulated to fix breaks around the home or office and hold stronger. The unique performance instant bonding, can be a few seconds to the material bonding, such as a large number of use, this is the most effective and most economical adhesive.
- Safe and Non-toxic: Nayrmaer glass glue produces amazing stickiness, which is a non-toxic and environmentally friendly product. We insist on the production of exclusive super glue for metal formula, which has passed MSDS, SGS and various safety reports. The aquarium glue is clear, waterproof and environmentally friendly products.
- Wide Range of Applications: Suitable for bonding glass, acrylic, mirror etc. Glue for glass can be used for bonding glass to glass, glass to other materials, such as glass to plastic, glass to rubber, glass to metal. Great for making bonding crafts, diy, restoration of everyday items and more. Mirror adhesive is suitable for all kinds of uneven, rough and vertical surfaces.
- Easy to Apply: The nozzle design of glass to glass glue allows it to be easily applied to the bonding area. Packed with a tip applicator, glass repair glue provides faster and easier precise dispensing for those tiny hard-to-reach places. The simple to use super glue for glass will make your welding projects so much easier!
- Thoughtful After-sales Service: If you are not satisfied with mirror glue you received, or if the glue overflows due to the shipping process, please feel free to contact us, and we will be happy to provide you with replacement or refund services.
Glass repairs are very finicky and most household adhesives are not up to the task of fixing glass. So if you are going to have any adhesive lying around your house for glue it should absolutely be Loctite Glass Glue. Loctite Glass Glue is the best glass glue because it is made for glass and glass only. It is completely clear and is compatible with clear glass, tinted glass, stained glass, opaque glass, and even crystal. And the best part is it sets in just a few seconds so you don’t have to spend ages holding glass pieces together.
Best Glue for Glass Mosaics
Mosaics are a tricky thing to find a good adhesive for because they require glue that can dry completely clear without clouding the glass and ruining the design. The best glue for glass mosaics is Weld Bond. Weld Bond will bond with clear, tinted, or stained glass no problem and won’t cloud any of them at all. Weld Bond holds strong and makes any glass mosaic look beautiful and clear.
Best Glue for Glass to Metal
Because glass and metal tend to be quite non-porous surfaces, they require one of the strongest and most durable bonds on the market, which is why Gorilla 2 Part Epoxy is the perfect adhesive for the job. Gorilla 2 Part Epoxy sets in just 5 minutes and is renowned for its durability and strength after full cure.
Best Waterproof Glue for Glass
If you need a glass glue that is also reliably waterproof, then the best product is KISS Molecular Super Bond. KISS Molecular Super Bond is the best waterproof adhesive for glass because it will dry clear and hold strong in wet conditions, meaning you can repair your broken glass lawn ornament and take comfort that the glue will hold through those strong summer storms.
The best overall glue for glass is Loctite Glass Glue. The best adhesive for glass mosaics is Weld Bond. The best adhesive for glass to metal is Gorilla 2 Part Epoxy. And the best waterproof glue for glass is KISS Molecular Super Bond.
No, not all glues cloud glass after they dry. One of the best glues for glass, Weld Bond, is completely clear after its full cure and doesn’t cloud glass whatsoever.
Yes, Loctite Glass Glue will bond nicely with Swarovski crystals. Not only that, but Loctite Glass Glue will stay clear and won’t yellow over time so your crystals will keep their shine.
No, Weld Bond is not waterproof. It is water-resistant, so it won’t entirely dissolve if it comes into contact with water, but it is best not to use it on glass that will get wet feequently.
Yes, Gorilla 2 Part Epoxy will bond glass to glass, but it does not always stay clear when dry, it can develop a yellowish tint, so it is not always recommended for glass to glass.
Technically yes, KISS Molecular Super Bond will work on a windshield, but for safety reasons, the manufacturer does not recommend it.