What is the best glue for metal to wood?
DIYers, handypeople, carpenters, and everyone in between need reliable adhesives to help them with a wide variety of gluing projects. Sometimes it can be difficult to find the right type of glue for specific materials, like metal to wood. Here are the best glues for metal to wood.
Table of Contents
Bestseller No. 1
Weldbond Multi-Surface, Non-Toxic Adhesive Glue, Bonds Most Anything. Wood Glue or for Crafts Fabric Glass Mosaic Carpet Ceramic Tile Metal Stone & More. Dries Crystal Clear 5.4oz /160ml - 2 Pack
- ✅ BONDS MOST EVERYTHING: No need to carry multiple types of glue bottles. This glue has unbelievable strength, is water resistant, weatherproof, dries crystal clear, is permanent and flexible.
- ✅ GREAT FOR CARPENTRY: Bonds stronger than wood! Easy to sand and paintable. No run, no drip. Easily cleans up with water. Fast setting in only 20 minutes, no clamping required.
- ✅ PERFECT FOR MOSAIC PROJECTS: Clear glue, bonds most tiles and hard surfaces such as glass, ceramics, porcelain, pottery, stone, marble, granite, clay, cork, slate, and composite like Corian.
- ✅ FANTASTIC GLUE for CRAFTS & KIDS: Probably the best glue for school projects and a wide range of hobbies & handmade creations. Use it at home, school, office, workshop, or cottage.
- ✅ SAFE FOR YOUR FAMILY: Weldbond is non-toxic, odorless, non-flammable and emits no fume. It has no animal by-products and is environmentally friendly. UL 2762. Packaging may vary
Bestseller No. 2
Gorilla Original Gorilla Glue, Waterproof Polyurethane Glue, 8 Ounce Bottle, Brown, (Pack of 1)
- ORIGINAL GORILLA GLUE: The water activated polyurethane formula expands into materials to form an incredibly strong bond to virtually anything
- 100% WATERPROOF: Doesn't break down when exposed to outdoor elements
- VERSATILE: Easily bonds wood, stone, metal, ceramic, foam, glass, concrete and much more
- INCREDIBLY STRONG: Expands 3 times into the materials to form an incredibly strong bond
- TEMPERATURE RESISTANT: Bond holds through hot and cold temperatures
Bestseller No. 3
J-B Weld 33120H SuperWeld Glue - Clear Super Glue - 20g
- Super Strong: Superweld Is A Specially Formulated Cyanoacrylate Super Glue That Provides A Strong, Instant Bond In Just Seconds. It Works On Multiple And Hard To Bond Surfaces
- What The Professionals Use: Builders, Mechanics & Repair Pros Know Our Products Bond Strong To A Variety Of Surfaces In Even The Toughest Environments. Choose The Product Pros Trust For Your Project
- Easy To Use: The Applicator Allows You To Pinpoint The Smallest Spot And Apply Evenly For Any Surface Application. Bonds In Seconds For All Your Projects
- For All Household Superglue Needs: Clear Superweld Glue Is Ideal For China And Glass Items, Auto Accessories, Rubber, Plastic, Vinyl, Cloth, Metal, Rearview Mirrors, And Much More
Bestseller No. 4
Loctite Super Glue Ultra Gel Control, Clear Superglue for Plastic, Wood, Metal, Crafts, & Repair, Cyanoacrylate Adhesive Instant Glue, Quick Dry - 0.14 fl oz Bottle, Pack of 1
- Rubber Toughened: Loctite’s most durable cyanoacrylate super glue formula resists water, impact, shock, vibration for materials subject to daily use and harsh conditions
- No Drip or Run: No-mess formula is ideal for vertical applications and does not drip or run
- Maximum Control: Features a patented easy side-squeeze bottle design for Maximum control and pinpoint accuracy and application
- Versatile: Works well on a variety of porous and non-porous surfaces including leather, china, wood, rubber, metal, paper, ceramic, hard plastics and more
- Invisible Repairs: Super glue gel formula sets without clamping and dries transparent for office, home, hobby, and crafting projects
SaleBestseller No. 5
J-B Weld Superglue Gel 15g 2 Pack - SuperWeld Extreme Gel
- J-B Weld SuperWeld Extreme: is a super glue gel that is specially-formulated to provide a flexible,impact-resistant bond in seconds.
- High-Strength: SuperWeld Extreme Gel has a tensile strength rating of 3000 PSI!
- Set Time: Product fully sets in 30 seconds!
- Surfaces: MOST PLASTICS, Rubber, Leather, Metals, Stone, Concrete, Wood and more!
The best glue for metal to wood is Loctite Ultra Gel Control Super Glue. Loctite Ultra Gel Control Super Glue can handle gluing porous to nonporous surfaces and is temperature, vibration, and shock-resistant. Additionally, Loctite Ultra Gel Control Super Glue is very convenient because it sets and cures quickly without the need for any clamping. Loctite Ultra Gel Control Super Glue can handle any weather condition or even be used on objects which are used daily without losing its bonding power.
Best Waterproof Glue for Metal to Wood
The best waterproof glue for metal to wood is Titebond Polyurethane Glue. Titebond Polyurethane Glue can bond just about anything and is 100% waterproof, having passed both ANSI Type I & II water-resistance testing. Titebond Polyurethane Glue offers epoxy-like strength and requires no mixing at all, it is completely ready to use. It can withstand any weather conditions and a wide range of temperatures. Titebond Polyurethane Glue only requires 45 minutes to 1 hour of clamp time and will fully cure in just 6 hours.
Best Marine Glue for Metal to Wood
It’s not uncommon for metal to wood applications to be for marine applications, so if that’s what you’re looking for you should get 3M Marine Adhesive Sealant. 3M Marine Adhesive Sealant is the best marine glue for wood to metal because it is specifically designed for those materials. 3M Marine Adhesive Sealant is equally strong both above and below the waterline and it can resist weathering and saltwater corrosion. It takes 3M Marine Adhesive Sealant 48 hours to fully cure, but it dries flexible and it won’t crack or peel.
Best Quick-Drying Glue for Metal to Wood
If you need an adhesive for gluing metal to wood that will dry quickly, then the best option is Gorilla 2 Part Epoxy. Gorilla 2 Part Epoxy sets in just 5 minutes, can withstand light handling after 30 minutes, and fully cures in 24 hours. This is as good as it gets for quick-drying adhesives if you are not willing to sacrifice strength. Like with all Gorilla products, Gorilla 2 Part Epoxy is incredibly strong and creates a permanent bond. Gorilla 2 Part Epoxy is also water-resistant it dries completely crystal clear.
The best overall glue for metal to wood is Loctite Ultra Gel Control Super Glue. The best waterproof adhesive for metal to wood is Titebond Polyurethane Glue. The best marine glue for metal to wood is 3M Marine Adhesive Sealant Fast Cure. And the best quick-drying adhesive for metal to wood is Gorilla 2 Part Epoxy.
Some may, but most likely will not because wood glues are designed to work on porous surfaces and metal is nonporous, so any bond that might be able to be created likely wouldn’t be very strong.
Yes, Loctite Ultra Gel Control Super Glue is clear when dry, so it will blend into whatever wood and metal you are gluing.
Yes, after Titebond Polyurethane Glue is applied it expands and bubbles as well, so it shouldn’t be used if you need an adhesive that doesn’t expand.
Yes, 3M Marine Adhesive Sealant Fast Cure can be sanded, but only after it has fully cured.
Yes, Gorilla 2 Part Epoxy will work to fix the head of an ax. It is better to be liberal with the application of Gorilla 2 Part Epoxy for the best results.