What is the best marine glue?
Finding glue for marine applications can be tough because you need something that can survive and thrive when submerged in both fresh and salt water, hot and cold conditions. Marine glues are tested by the elements probably more than any other glues, so choosing the best ones is crucial. Here are the best marine glues.
Table of Contents
Bestseller No. 1
Loctite 1919324 Marine Epoxy 0.85-Fluid Ounce Syringe (1405604), 1 Pack, White
- Machinable, won't crack when drilled
- Water and solvent resistant, highly durable
- Does not shrink, one-time application
- Convenient syringe dispenses equal amounts of each component every time
- Apply and cure under water, eliminates the need to drain out water before fixing
SaleBestseller No. 2
3M Marine Adhesive Sealant Fast Cure 5200 (05220) Permanent Bonding and Sealing for Boats and RVs Above and Below the Waterline Waterproof Repair, White, 3 fl oz Tube
- CURES FAST – One-part adhesive sealant requires no mixing, typically cures within 48 hours so you can get back on the water faster
- USE WHAT THE PROS USE – Extremely strong adhesive sealant retains strength above or below waterline
- BONDS PERMANENTLY – Ideal for sealing, bonding and attaching on the interiors of boats and RVs, or on exteriors below the waterline and where shielded from the sun
- LONG LASTING FORMULA – Tough polyurethane polymer resists weathering and salt water
- WON’T CRACK OR PEEL – Stays flexible, retaining strong bonds even during vibration, structural movement or shock
Bestseller No. 3
3M 05206 Marine Adhesive/Sealant 5200, White / 1 oz.
- Permanent bonding – above and below the waterline
- Industry standard for over 50 years
- Offers extended working time
- Achieves handling strength in 48 hours
- Tough and flexible polyurethane polymer forms strong bonds
Bestseller No. 4
Amazing GOOP 170011 Marine Adhesive, 3.7 Fluid Ounces
- Mends tears in seats, cushions, canopies, and boat covers
- Seals windshields and around portholes
- Repairs rubber dock bumpers and rubber rafts
- Repairs windshields and reseals around glass windows
- Secures hoses to dock lines and repairs rubber dock bumpers
Bestseller No. 5
Permatex 84200 Underwater Marine Epoxy
- flexible water-proof adhesive
- sticks and cures underwater
- shock and vibration resistant
- sets in 15 minutes/ cures in 1 hour with up to 4000 psi strength
- bonds to: fiberglass, pvc, metal, wood plastics and more!
Overall, the best marine glue is 3M Marine Adhesive Sealant. 3M Marine Adhesive Sealant is the best marine glue because of its versatility. It can be used both above and below the waterline and can be used for both interiors and exteriors of boats. 3M Marine Adhesive Sealant has a long-lasting formula that is resistant to both water and weathering and it stays flexible after fully curing, with no cracking or peeling whatsoever.
Best Solvent-Free Marine Glue
If you need a marine glue that is solvent-free then get your hands on Loctite PL Marine Fast Cure Adhesive Sealant. Watertight and flexible when dry, Loctite PL Marine Fast Cure Adhesive Sealant is a great marine glue that works best on deck fittings and through-hull fastening. Loctite PL Marine Fast Cure Adhesive Sealant sets within several minutes and takes just 24 hours to fully cure. Once it is fully cured, Loctite PL Marine Fast Cure Adhesive Sealant can be put either above or below the waterline.
Best Long-Lasting Marine Glue
For an excellent and long-lasting marine glue, look no further than 3M Marine Adhesive Sealant. 3M Marine Adhesive Sealant can take up to a week to fully cure, but the wait is worth it because it will last years without cracking, peeling, or shrinking, 3M Marine Adhesive Sealant can be used above or below the waterline and is also completely weatherproof.
Beat Marine Glue to Resist Saltwater Deterioration
If you are in the market for a marine glue that is completely resistant to saltwater deterioration, then get your hands on Sikaflex-291. Sikaflex-291 resists deterioration in not only saltwater but freshwater, sewage water, diluted acids, limewater, and is even temporarily resistant to mineral oils and fuels. Sikaflex-291 is the perfect marine glue for those vessels that spend long periods of time in the water, no matter what kind of water that is.
The best overall marine glue is 3M Marine Adhesive Sealant. The best solvent-free marine glue is Loctite PL Marine Fast Cure Adhesive Sealant. The best long-lasting marine adhesive is 3M Marine Adhesive Sealant. And the best marine glue for resisting saltwater deterioration is Sikaflex-291.
Technically yes, marine glues can be used for other applications, but it really is not advised. Marine glues are specifically designed for marine applications so that is where their bond will always be the strongest.
Yes, 3M Marine Adhesive Sealant will work on kayaks, but once it is fully cured it is not removable.
No, Loctite PL Marine Fast Cure Adhesive Sealant both applies and dries white.
Yes, you will need to use a caulk gun in order to apply 3M Marine Adhesive Sealant.
No, Sikaflex-291 is not designed to be UV-resistant, but if it is continuously submerged in saltwater, you won’t need to worry about UV damage.