What is the best non-toxic glue?
There can be lots of reasons why you want to use non-toxic glues. Perhaps you are more sensitive to some of the harsher chemicals found in glue, maybe you want it to be safe to keep around your kids or your pets. Whatever your reason, it’s important to know that non-toxic glue is not one-size-fits-all and you need to choose the right one for your project. Here are the best non-toxic glues.
Table of Contents
Bestseller No. 1
Onyx and Green 4701 Glue Sticks, Non-Toxic, 2 Piece
- Contains 2 glue sticks and 22 grams EA
- Plant based, non-toxic and washable
- Dries clear and quickly
- Made from recycled materials
- School and office supplies
SaleBestseller No. 2
Scotch Clear Glue in 2-Way Applicator, 1.6 oz, Photo Safe and Non-Toxic (6050)
- Two tips (wide sponge tip and fine precision tip) for precisce and controlled application
- PVC-free glue, non-toxic, photo safe
- Works on most papers, foam core, poster boards, card stock and cardboard
- Country of origin: Republic of Korea (South Korea)
Bestseller No. 3
Weldbond Multi-Surface, Non-Toxic Adhesive Glue, Bonds Most Anything. Wood Glue or for Crafts Fabric Glass Mosaic Carpet Ceramic Tile Metal Stone & More. Dries Crystal Clear 5.4oz /160ml - 2 Pack
- ✅ BONDS MOST EVERYTHING: No need to carry multiple types of glue bottles. This glue has unbelievable strength, is water resistant, weatherproof, dries crystal clear, is permanent and flexible.
- ✅ GREAT FOR CARPENTRY: Bonds stronger than wood! Easy to sand and paintable. No run, no drip. Easily cleans up with water. Fast setting in only 20 minutes, no clamping required.
- ✅ PERFECT FOR MOSAIC PROJECTS: Clear glue, bonds most tiles and hard surfaces such as glass, ceramics, porcelain, pottery, stone, marble, granite, clay, cork, slate, and composite like Corian.
- ✅ FANTASTIC GLUE for CRAFTS & KIDS: Probably the best glue for school projects and a wide range of hobbies & handmade creations. Use it at home, school, office, workshop, or cottage.
- ✅ SAFE FOR YOUR FAMILY: Weldbond is non-toxic, odorless, non-flammable and emits no fume. It has no animal by-products and is environmentally friendly. UL 2762. Packaging may vary
Bestseller No. 4
Elmer's Clear Liquid School Glue, Slime Glue, & Craft Glue | Large 16 Ounces for School Supplies & Slime Supplies | Washable Glue
- Make batches of clear Slime that you can customize with color
- Safe, Washable and nontoxic
- Smooth formula creates a clear slime base
- Great for bonding materials like paper, wood, and fabric
- Adjustable before setting so it's easy to perfect your projects
Bestseller No. 5
Avery Glue Stick White, 1.27 oz., Washable, Nontoxic, Permanent Glue, 1 Glue Stic (00191)
- Glue stick goes on smoothly minimizing any clumping or wrinkling
- White glue bonds properly to a variety of surfaces; paper photos cardboard foam board fabric glass and more
- Strong and permanent glue but washes easily off hands and clothing
- Safe for children; glue sticks are nontoxic acid free ACMI certified and conform to ASTM D 4236
- Large glue stick covers more surface area; an excellent choice for school projects and arts & crafts that require more glue
The best all-purpose, non-toxic adhesive is Weldbond Universal Adhesive. There is very little that Weldbond Universal Adhesive cannot stick to and on top of being compatible with most materials, it is also completely waterproof and weatherproof, so it will be able to last forever in just about any type of condition. Weldbond Universal Adhesive is even often used in carpentry as it bonds stronger than wood and doesn’t require any clamping. In addition to being non-toxic, Weldbond Universal Adhesive is also non-flammable, so it is completely safe to keep in your home and around your family.
Best Non-Toxic Wood Glue
The best non-toxic wood glue is Titebond II Premium Wood Glue. Titebond II Premium Wood Glue is not only non-toxic but also non-flammable, making it a very safe glue to keep in your home. Titebond II Premium Wood Glue only takes 10 to 30 minutes to set depending on the temperature of the environment and the moisture of the wood and cures completely in 24 hours. When wet, Titebond II Premium Wood Glue can be cleaned up easily with water and when dry, it is water-resistant. Titebond II Premium Wood Glue can even be kept in a cold garage as it is freeze and thaw resistant.
Best Non-Toxic Silicone Glue
If you are in need of a non-toxic silicone adhesive, look no further than Dap All-Purpose Adhesive Sealant. Perfect for aquariums, Dap All-Purpose Adhesive Sealant is waterproof, never cracks or shrinks, and always stays flexible. You can both build and repair aquariums with Dap All-Purpose Adhesive Sealant and it is totally non-toxic to both fresh and saltwater marine life.
Best Non-Toxic Glue for Kids
The best non-toxic glue for kids is Elmer’s Glue Stick. The glue is the one we all remember using as kids ourselves and there’s a reason. Elmer’s Glue Stick is totally non-toxic, applies purple and dries clear, washes off easily, and is virtually mess-free. Elmer’s Glue Stick is perfect for arts and crafts and is perfect for cardboard, paper, foam board, felt, and a lot more.
The best all-purpose non-toxic adhesive is Weldbond Universal Adhesive. The best non-toxic wood glue is Titebond II Premium Wood Glue. The best silicone-based non-toxic glue is Dap All-Purpose Adhesive Sealant.
It depends on the brand that you buy, so always double-check, but non-toxic glues generally have shelf lives of anywhere from 2 to 5 years. If you make a non-toxic glue yourself, the shelf life will be a lot shorter.
Weldbond Universal Adhesive will set in just 20 minutes and will take a full 24 hours to cure completely.
If Titebond II Premium Wood Glue is dry, you can remove it by either sanding or scraping it off. You can also use alcohol to soften it.
Yes, Dap All-Purpose Adhesive Sealant is food-safe, but only 72 hours after application, so if you are using it for any kitchen equipment repairs, just be aware of that.
Elmer’s Glue Stick is not very repositionable. It is not repositionable after it dries and it dries very quickly. One of Elmer’s liquid glues would be better if you need something that is repositionable.