Bestseller No. 1
Loctite 1716864 Tube Plumber and Marine Adhesive, 2.7 Ounces
- Bonds aluminum, brick, cardboard, ceramic, fabric, fiberglass, glass, leather, most plastics, rubber, steel and wood
- Great for sealing leaks, repairing tears, securing tiles, fixing footwear and mending glassware
- Dries transparent for invisible repairs - dries gradually to allow time for repositioning
- Seals watertight
- 2.7-Fluid ounce tube
Bestseller No. 2
Christy's Red Hot Blue Glue PVC Cement - Medium Body, Very Fast Set, Low-VOC, 1/2 Pint (8 fl oz)
- Premium, quick-set blue formula preferred by contractors for strength and ease of application
- Low VOC: Fewer odors for a pleasant workplace experience
- Medium body creates a quick set time of 10 minutes until product can be handled, 24 hours to cure (varies depending on pipe size)
- Safe for use in all classes and Schedules through 6" diameter interference fit
- Designed to bond in wet, dry, and humid conditions
SaleBestseller No. 3
Gorilla Clear PVC PrimaGlue 4oz.
- Item Weight: 1.0 lb
- Country of Origin: United States
- Color: Clear
- Brand name: True Value
SaleBestseller No. 4
Oatey 30246 PVC Regular Cement and 4-Ounce NSF Purple Primer Handy Pack
- ALL-PURPOSE CEMENT AND PURPLE PRIMER HANDY PACK: Includes one 4 oz. can of all-purpose clear cement and one 4 oz. can of purple primer for PVC pipe and fittings
- REGULAR CLEAR CEMENT: Recommended for potable water, pressure pipe, conduit, and DWV applications, and it flows freely and sets up quickly at the recommended application temperature of 40 to 110 degrees Fahrenheit
- INDUSTRIAL-GRADE PURPLE PRIMER: Recommended for use on CPVC/PVC pipe and fittings of all schedules and diameters, and it is for use in areas where code calls for verification that a primer has been used
- AGGRESSIVE PRIMING: Formulated to remove surface dirt, grease, and grime as well as soften the pipe surface to allow for a fast, secure, and permanent solvent weld
- COMPLIANCE: Both the cement and primer are certified to UL Greenguard Gold, NSF and UPC approved, exceed ASTM Standard D2564 and ASTM F 656, and comply with NSF/ANSI 61 health effects requirements
Bestseller No. 5
Christy's Handy Pack: Red Hot Blue Glue Medium Body PVC Cement and Purple Primer, 1/2 Pint (8 fl oz),RH-RHBV-HDYPK-HP-20
- Package includes (1) 8oz can each of Red Hot Blue Glue and Purple Primer
- Products work on PVC potable water, pressure and non-pressure, drain, conduit, duct, DWV, and sewer applications through 6", including Schedule 80
- Rapid cement set time for efficient work: 10 minutes until product can be handled, 24 hours to cure (varies depending on pipe size)
- Both products are low-VOC for a pleasant working experience
- Made in the USA and NSF-certified
The best overall glue for plumbing is J-B Weld Professional Size Steel Reinforced Epoxy. J-B Weld Professional Size Steel Reinforced Epoxy is incredibly strong because it was created to be a complete replacement for torch welding. It can be used on PVC pipes and be trusted to hold even is high pressure. J-B Weld Professional Size Steel Reinforced Epoxy takes 4-6 hours to set and anywhere from 15-24 hours to fully cure, depending on the amount used and the material it is used on. The more glue you use and the less porous the surface, the more time it will take to cure.
Best Affordable Plumbing Glue
If you are plumbing on a budget, don’t worry, there are plenty of good options for you. By far the best affordable plumbing glue is Loctite Clear Silicone Waterproof Sealant. Loctite Clear Silicone Waterproof Sealant doesn’t shrink, crack, or peel after application and it works really well on a variety of water sealing areas, plumbing included, particularly for ABS plastic. It can easily withstand extreme temperatures and is completely impact-resistant and flexible after it has fully cured.
Best Vinyl Cement for Plumbing
If you prefer vinyl cement for plumbing then you need to get RH Adhesives HH-66 Industrial Strength Vinyl Cement. The industry standard for vinyl cement plumbing, RH Adhesives HH-66 Industrial Strength Vinyl Cement can withstand extreme temperatures and weather conditions while maintaining its liquid-proof seal. It also comes with a small brush to make application incredibly easy.
Best Plumbing Cement Kit
If you are looking for a two-part kit that gets you your PVC primer and adhesive in one, then the best product to buy is Oatey Handy Pack. Oatey Handy Pack comes with both primer and a clear cement that will get you a water-tight seal and can withstand temperatures between 40°F and 110°F.
The best overall adhesive for plumbing is J-B Weld Professional Size Steel Reinforced Epoxy. The best affordable glue for plumbing is Loctite Clear Silicone Waterproof Sealant. The best vinyl cement for plumbing is RH Adhesives HH-66 Industrial Strength Vinyl Cement. And the best plumbing cement kit is Oatey PVC Handy Pack.
Most PVC plumbing glues can hold anywhere from 100-170 PVC, so make sure to check the glue you buy if you need a specific amount, especially if it is higher.
Yes, J-B Weld Professional Size Steel Reinforced Epoxy can bond aluminum with plastic, but it will only bond with ABS or PVC plastic.
Loctite Clear Silicone Waterproof Sealant can be used in a wide range of temperatures from -35°F (-37°C) to 140°F (60°C).
If stored properly, the shelf life of RH Adhesives HH-66 Industrial Strength Vinyl Cement is around 18 months. Make sure to keep it in a dry, room temperature environment with the cap closed completely.
You will need to check the pipe to make sure the glue is fully set, but you should be able to pressurize the pipe within 2-3 hours after applying Oatey Handy Pack.