What is the best glue for styrofoam?
Styrofoam is one of the most challenging materials to glue successfully, and finding a glue that can hold on strong and last forever can sometimes feel impossible as you read product description after product description about how a certain glue can adhere to anything but styrofoam. However, there are glues out there that can bond with styrofoam really well. Here are the best glues for styrofoam.
Table of Contents
SaleBestseller No. 1
Aleene's All Purpose Tacky Glue, 8-Ounce
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue dries clean and flexible
- Cleans up fast and easy with water
- The nontoxic formula makes it your best choice for a variety of surfaces
- Find inspiration and techniques at ilovetocreate
Bestseller No. 2
BEACON Hold The Foam - Non-Toxic, Quick Grabbing, Super Thick Formula That Bonds All Types of Foam Instantly, 2-Ounce
- Quickly bond any type of foam and enjoy endless crafting possibilities
- No need to worry about pinning foam in place - Hold The Foam bonds instantly with its super thick formula
- Craft with peace of mind - Hold The Foam is non-toxic and safe for all your projects
- Enjoy the convenience of repositioning your foam creations with Hold The Foam while still maintaining a strong hold
- Clean-up is a breeze with Hold The Foam - simply use water to easily remove excess glue
Bestseller No. 3
Aleene's Felt and Foam Tacky Glue, 4 FL OZ, Original Version
- Instant grab and dries strong
- Thick formula that is never runny
- Available in a 4oz bottle (118mL)
- Find inspiration and techniques
SaleBestseller No. 4
Gorilla Clear Glue, 5.75 Ounce Bottle, Clear
- Crystal Clear
- Water Resistant
- Incredibly Strong
- Bonds Virtually Everything: Wood, Stone, Metal, Ceramic, Foam, Glass & More
Bestseller No. 5
UHU POR Model Making Glue 50 ML (Pack of 2)
- Suitable Exp Polystyrene, Styrofoam, Depron, Wood, Paper, Metal, Photos, Ceramics, Plaster, Fabrics
- Pack of 2 Tubes
- Colourless, Waterproof and Boxed with Full Instructions
- UHU Plastic Glue is a Crystal Clear Adhesive for Gluing Expanded Foam/Polystyrene, Styrofoam, Depron
UHU POR Styrofoam Adhesive is the best overall glue for styrofoam. Specifically designed to work on rigid polystyrene foam, UHU POR Styrofoam Adhesive forms a bond that is doesn’t age and always remains flexible. UHU POR Styrofoam Adhesive can also be used to bond plastics, metal, leather, paper, glass, and wood. UHU POR Styrofoam Adhesive can bond styrofoam with styrofoam or with any of the other listed materials. It has a dry time of just 10 to 20 minutes and a full cure time of 24 hours.
Best Mess-Free Glue for Styrofoam
The best mess-free glue for styrofoam is Weldbond Multi-Purpose Adhesive. Weldbond Multi-Purpose Adhesive is one of the best multi-purpose adhesives out there. It says that it can only bond with brick, glass, and metal, but it can do so much more, including styrofoam. Weldbond Multi-Purpose Adhesive comes with a mess-free applicator, but the glue can be easily be cleaned up with soap and water while still wet should there be an accident. Weldbond Multi-Purpose Adhesive does not swell, emits no fumes, and is even paintable after it dries.
Best Clear Glue for Styrofoam
The best clear glue for styrofoam is Elmer’s Craftbond Tacky Glue. A bit of a dark horse on this list, Elmer’s Craftbond Tacky Glue is actually an excellent glue for styrofoam, particularly when it comes to crafting. Elmer’s Craftbond Tacky Glue goes on white and dries clear, just like many Elmer’s products. It creates a permanent bond and fully dries in 5 hours.
Best Non-Toxic Glue for Styrofoam
The best non-toxic glue for styrofoam is Aleene’s Quick Dry Tacky Glue. Aleene’s Quick Dry Tacky Glue applies white, dries clear, and has an entirely non-toxic formula that is safe for kids to use. A perfect glue for crafting, Aleene’s Quick Dry Tacky Glue can adhere to not only styrofoam but also all manner of paper products, wood, plastic, metal, and nonwashable fabrics. Aleene’s Quick Dry Tacky Glue has a super-fast cure time of just 35 minutes, and its bond is incredibly strong and permanent.
Overall, the best glue for styrofoam is UHU POR Styrofoam Adhesive. The best mess-free glue for styrofoam is Weldbond Multi-Purpose Adhesive Glue. The best clear glue for styrofoam is Elmer’s Craftbond Tacky Glue. And the best non-toxic glue for styrofoam is Aleene’s Quick Dry Tacky Glue.
No, many multi-purpose adhesives will not bond with styrofoam, and some may even melt it. It is always better to seek glues that explicitly state that they bond with styrofoam.
UHU POR Styrofoam Adhesive dries transparent but not crystal clear.
Weldbond Multi-Purpose Adhesive is not waterproof, but it is water-resistant and weatherproof. So no stress at all if it comes into contact with a bit of moisture, but it should never be submerged in water if you expect it to hold its bond.
No, Elmer’s Craftbond Tacky Glue does not stay tacky after it dries. It is mostly rigid with some slight flexibility.
No, Aleene’s Quick Dry Tacky Glue does not stay tacky after it dries. Aleene’s Quick Dry Tacky Glue dries flexibly.