How to make slime without glue or activator
When making slime at home with your kids, you will come across recipe after recipe that uses glue and an activator, and these ingredients are not always safe for children. But luckily, there are several ways to make slime without glue or an activator with items that are already sitting in your home. Here is how to make a glue and activator-free slime.
Table of Contents
SaleBestseller No. 1
Original Stationery Ice Cream Slime Kit for Girls, Amazing Ice Cream Slime Kit to Make Butter Slime, Cloud Slime & Foam Slimes, Great Gift Idea
- Ice Cream Parlor Slime DIY – make tons of fun, Butter, Cloud & Foam Slimes!
- 25-Piece Slime Making Kit has everything you need- ideal birthday gift for 7 year old girls plus.
- Sprinkles included in our fun Slime kit for kids! Squish your slime into cute ice cream cones!
- Make the most amazing slime ever in all of your favorite ice cream colors & scents & pop a cherry on top!
- Follow the step to step recipes included & make lots of different fun slimes for girls ages 7-12!
SaleBestseller No. 2
Elmer’s Celebration Slime Kit, Slime Supplies Include Assorted Magical Liquid Slime Activators and Assorted Liquid Glues, 10 Count
- Create a variety of slime with this assortment of glues and slime activators
- Elmer's Liquid Glue is washable, safe, nontoxic - great for kids
- Magical Liquid is an all-in-one formula that eliminates the need for contact lens solution and baking soda or other additives
- Mix and match different glues and activators to discover new slime creations
- Includes 1 Bottle each: Metallic Glue (Teal, 5 oz) Glow in the Dark Glue (Green, 5 oz), Color Changing Glue (Yellow-to-Red, 5 oz), Translucent Glue (Pink, 5 oz), Glitter Glue (Silver, 6 oz), Metallic Slime Activator (65g), Glow in the Dark Slime Activator (65g), Crunchy Slime Activator (51.2g) and 2 Bottles Confetti Slime Activator (65g each)
SaleBestseller No. 3
Slime Kit for Girls Toys Party Favors, Stocking Stuffers Kids 7 8 9 10+ Year Old, Slime Making Kits Boys Glow in Dark, Slime Maker Girls Toy Ages 7-12, Best Girl Birthday Gift Ideas
- Everything Slime All the Time - The ultimate Christmas gift for kids and tween girls gift, Slime Party Favor, Slime Making Kit with add ins galore and enough slimy stuff to keep girls, boys and kids glued to the activity for hours! Slime Kit for Girls, Slime Kits for Boys, Slime for kids comes with over 50 different slime supplies all in one box! 18 beautifully wacky colors of crystal slime ranging from clear slime, to purple slime, 12 types of glitter, various foam beads, fishbowl beads and more!
- Best Slime Kit - Best selling slime kit on Amazon since 2019 | Birthday Party Favors for kids 4-8, 8-12 year old girls boys | Best gift ideas for 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 year old girls, toys for 7 and 8 year old girls | toys for 6 + year old girls | girls gifts age 8-10 | craft kits for girls ages 10-12 | diy kits for girls | teenager gifts for girls | 9 year old girl gifts | 10 year old girl gift ideas
- Glow in the Dark Slime Kit - Our jumbo slime supplies pack glows in the dark, has glitter, and all the mix in accessories needed to make your own green slime | Mix in a little, mix in a lot, or say "mix I will not!" This slime will glow in an instant!
- Great Birthday Gifts for Girls - Slime party favors for kids 8-12, diy slime making kits for girls and slime supplies stuff that will help unleash your little one's creativity and develops their motor skills and hand-eye coordination! Teenagers will love getting messy too! Arts and crafts for girls boys are proven to be the best stress relief activity
- Safe and Non Toxic - Made with eco-friendly material, our slime and slime containers are washable, reusable, safe and DO NOT contain borax powder. Quality-tested non-toxic formulas are 100% safe for kids and adults. ASTM certified. Recommended for children 5 and up. Do not eat.
Bestseller No. 4
Elmer's Glue Slime Kit Class Pack | with Glitter Glue (18 Bottles), Clear PVA Glue (12 Bottles) and Glue Slime Activator (30 Bottles) | 60 Count– Makes 30 Batches of Slime!
- Create endless varieties of slime with multiple glues to choose from
- Makes 30 batches of slime—perfect for birthday parties or an entire classroom
- Elmer’s glue is washable with soap and water and features a child-friendly formula (not for children under three years)
- Magical Liquid is an all-in-one activator solution that transforms Elmer's glue into irresistibly fun slime
- Slime Making Kit includes: 12 bottles of clear glue (147mL each), 18 bottles of glitter glue (6X purple, 6X pink, 6X blue) and 30 bottles of Magical Liquid (68mL each)
SaleBestseller No. 5
33 Cups Jumbo Slime Kit for Girls and Boys, FunKidz Premade Ultimate Slime Pack to DIY Big Fluffy Slime Making Kits Super Party Favors Gift Slime Toys for Kids
- EASY MAKE YOUR OWN SLIME: This ultimate slime kit Includes tons of add ins supplies for making giant slime with 33 pre made rainbow slime set, gift packed in a design box.
- BIG SLIME KIT FOR KIDS: Creative your own slime with creativity and imagination. Making different slime as glitter slime, fluffy slime, cloud slime, clear slime, foam slime, glow in dark slime or ice cream butter slime through hands on exploration and discovery. It will bring girls and boys ages 3-6 6-8 8-10 10-12 endless fun stuff.
- UPGRADED MATERIAL: FUNKIDZ Jumbo slime making kit is premium quality. Our dyes are made with food grade ingredients. Washable, Non-toxic slime formulated for using by kids
- SUPER FLUFFY & NON STICKY: Our tween girls slime maker kit includes everything is not sticky but stretchy and does not leave any residue on hands after creation. With add ins accessories, there are so many choices to make hundreds of different slimes.
- KIDS PARTY FAVORS GIFT: This biggest slime making kit for kids is an excellent mega craft gift for your boys, girls and teens, or friend's kids for party birthday, and classroom reward for student. Kids slime kit for Girls 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 yrs old fun and happiness.
One way to make slime without glue or an activator is with shampoo. For this, we recommend Garnier Hair Care Fructis Pure Clean Shampoo so you can get an excellent clear slime. For this method, you will put your Garnier Hair Care Fructis Pure Clean Shampoo in a bowl, add a dash of handsoap, pinch of baking soda to activate it, and some salt to bring everything together. Once you add the salt, you will need to let the mixture sit for at least half an hour to let it dry out a bit.
How to Make Slime with Toothpaste
Another glue and activator-free way to make slime is with toothpaste. You can use any toothpaste you have in your house already, but we think Crest Pro-Health Advanced Antibacterial Protection Toothpaste is the best for this. Crest Pro-Health Advanced Antibacterial Protection Toothpaste is perfect because it is a solid white color that you can customize with food coloring. Put however much toothpaste you want into a bowl, add a pinch of salt, and mix thoroughly to make the slime. Once it’s mixed, add corn starch or regular flour in a 1:1 ratio with the toothpaste and mix. Once thoroughly incorporated, you will have slime!
How to Make Slime with Hand Soap
Making slime with handsoap is very simple. Put some handsoap into a bowl and add salt until you get the desired consistency. The handsoap we recommend for making slime is Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Liquid Hand Soap because it is a gentle, cruelty-free, and beautifully scented soap that makes excellent slime.
How to Make Slime with Baby Powder
To make slime using baby powder, first, put some baby powder into a bowl; we recommend using Johnson’s Baby Powder. Next, mix water and food coloring in a separate bowl and then add it to the Johnson’s Baby Powder and mix together thoroughly. If the mixture gets too wet, add more Johnson’s Baby Powder; if it gets too dry, add more water. You will want a texture similar to wet sand, then you can add a touch of baby oil to bring everything together and get that slimy texture.
There are tons of ways to make a slime that is safe for your children to use with no glue and no activators, and many of the methods can use everyday items already lying around your house.
With the exception of banana slime, homemade slime of all kinds will be able to last for a couple of weeks if stored in an air-tight container in the fridge.
Yes, you can use colored shampoo to make slime, but if you prefer a slime that comes out clear for your kids to customize with food coloring and glitter, then Garnier Hair Care Fructis Pure Clean Shampoo works the best.
A homemade toothpaste likely would not work for making slime because it would not have the same texture as regular toothpaste.
Yes, banana slime is made of only banana and flour, so it is completely safe for consumption. Banana slime is perfect for kids who may be too young to realize that you shouldn’t eat slime.
Yes, homemade glue of all kinds is very easy to make, and something children will be able to handle themselves under supervision.