How to remove super glue from plastic
Super glue can be a stubborn thing to remove, especially when stuck to a nonporous surface like plastic. But, there are several gentle ways of removing super glue from plastic without harming the plastic at all, and you may already have some of the necessary tools already in your home. Here are the best ways to remove super glue from plastic.
Table of Contents
Bestseller No. 1
Goof Off Super Glue Remover - 4 oz. can, Yellow (FG678)
- Goof Off Super Glue Remover effectively removes Super Glue, epoxy adhesive, and Gorilla Glue.
- Crafters and DIYers use it to remove costly adhesive mistakes.
- This adhesive remover cuts through the toughest cured adhesives and dried glues.
- It works the first time to remove dried adhesive messes that other removers can't handle.
- To use, directly apply to dried glue or adhesive, then wipe with a cloth.
Bestseller No. 2
PASCOFIX Strongest Super Glue CA Glue Crazy Glue Super Glue Ceramic Super Glue for Metal Glue for Plastic Repair Glue Shoe Glue Strong Glue for Plastic Epoxy Industrial Super Glue Rubber
- CRAZY STRONG: Pasco is the strongest CA adhesive. Makes bonding just as strong as welding
- GLUE ANYTHING: There is hardly any material that can't be glued with Pasco's Cyanoacrylate glue
- EASY: Super easy to use. Dries and hardens in seconds. Machineable, tappable, sandable, paintable
- REPAIR: Pasco industrial glue works where other glues fail. Great for Car repairs
- MADE IN GERMANY: Engineered and made in Germany. Highest quality guaranteed
Bestseller No. 3
CAR GUYS Plastic Restorer | Bring Plastic, Rubber, and Vinyl Back to Life! | User Friendly Trim Restorer | Safe Auto Detailing Supplies | 8 Oz Kit with Foam Applicator
- ✅ Results That Last! – Are you tired of wasting time and money on plastic restorers that claim to last long? They always look great in the beginning.. only to fade after a few days, or maybe a month if it’s decent! Our product will renew, seal and protect any interior/exterior surface and WILL LAST.. for several MONTHS! Stop purchasing cheap junk with false claims, our product will out last all of them!
- ✅ Survives Rain! – Does this sound familiar? You spent all that time perfectly applying a new product and it looks great! Wow, you finally found the one! BUT… after the first rain-fall you look in disgust at yet another crappy product that left ugly streaks down the side of your beautiful vehicle... STOP THE MADNESS! Our product repels water and stays looking good for several months! Never again will you feel that disappointment!
- ✅ No More Oily Mess! – Do you hate all the oily, greasy gel dressing products that stay wet and never fully dry? That describes about 90% of the plastic and trim restorers on the market today! Well lucky you! We made a product that will restore and leave a great finish, but more importantly, it will completely dry to the touch! No more ruining your detailing towels and supplies with cheap oil based products!
- ✅ Why choose CAR GUYS? – We Care About Quality! Our products are made with the latest advancements in science, using the best equipment available. This helps us make consistently high quality products that always work great! Every formula we make is mixed and bottled, in the USA, by hard working Americans!
- ✅ We Care About Customer Satisfaction! – We're Not Happy, If You're Not Happy! If you're not happy with our product, for ANY REASON at all, get in contact with CAR GUYS anytime after your purchase, and we’ll be happy to provide a full refund. So what are you waiting for?! -- Click 'Add to Cart' Now!
Bestseller No. 4
Goo Gone Adhesive Remover - 8 Ounce - Surface Safe Adhesive Remover Safely Removes Stickers Labels Decals Residue Tape Chewing Gum Grease Tar
- Safely Restore Your Surfaces - The surface-safe formula removes the goo without harming your surface. Formulated with citrus cleaning agents and a pleasant citrus scent
- Trusted #1 Brand For Removing Gooey Messes – Try it on stickers, wax, markers, crayons, glue, tar, window decals, glitter, gum, labels and so much more
- Multiple Uses Around The House – Everything from wine glass label remover, scuff eraser, window sill cleaner, adhesive remover, tar cleaner, crayon drawing eraser, to glue remover
- Great For Teachers and Parents - Use this to remove gum, tape, crayon and sticker residue left behind by kids
- Perfect For Collectors and Thrifters - Safely remove price stickers from gifts, wine glasses, clothing, drinking glasses, used video games and much more
Bestseller No. 5
Goo Gone Original Liquid - 8 Ounce and Sticker Lifter - Surface Safe Adhesive Remover Safely Removes Stickers Labels Decals Residue Tape Chewing Gum Grease Tar Crayon Glue
- #1 TRUSTED BRAND FOR REMOVING GOOEY MESSES: Try it on stickers, wax, markers, crayons, glue, tar, window decals, glitter, gum, labels and so much more
- SAFELY RESTORE YOUR SURFACES: The surface-safe formula removes the goo without harming your surface. Formulated with citrus cleaning agents and a pleasant citrus scent
- MULTIPLE USES AROUND THE HOUSE: Everything from wine glass label remover, scuff eraser, windowsill cleaner, adhesive remover, tar cleaner, crayon drawing eraser, to glue remover
- PERFECT FOR TEACHERS AND PARENTS: Use this to remove gum, tape, crayon, and sticker residue left behind by kids
- GREAT FOR COLLECTORS AND THRIFTERS: Safely remove price stickers from gifts, wine glasses, clothing, drinking glasses, vintage collectables and more!
One of the simplest ways to remove super glue from plastic is with vinegar. Any vinegar you have lying around your house, but we recommend Lucy’s Natural Distilled White Vinegar if you need to buy one. Lucy’s Natural Distilled White Vinegar is an all-natural white vinegar that is perfect for cleaning. Just soak the super glue in vinegar for around 15 minutes so the glue softens, and then you can scrape it up without damaging the plastic.
How to Remove Super Glue from Plastic with Baking Soda
Another effective way of removing super glue from plastic is with baking soda. The best baking soda for the job is Arm & Hammer Baking Soda. You will need to mix one part Arm & Hammer Baking Soda with one part oil for this method. Mix until you form a paste, and then use your hands to rub it on the glue. The baking soda will act as an exfoliant, and the oil will break down the glue. Let it sit for 30 minutes, and then you can wipe it off. This works best to get labels off of plastic.
How to Remove Super Glue from Plastic with Oil
For another way of removing super glue from plastic is with oil. Any cooking oils in your house will work for this, but we recommend BetterBody Foods Avocado Oil. Just cover the glue in oil and leave it for 30 minutes to an hour so the oil can break down the glue. After that, you will be able to scrub it away.
How to Remove Super Glue with a Paint Scraper
If you don’t want to use any chemicals or oils to try and get super glue off plastic, then you can use a paint scraper; we recommend Bates Paint Scraper if you don’t already have one. Bates Paint Scraper will work best if you first soften the glue with an oil or something like it, but you can also scrape the glue while it is dry.
It can be tough to get super glue off of plastic, but there are several ways to do it, and they can all be done with items you may already have lying around your house. If in doubt, you can always use more than one of these methods or products to get the super glue off the plastic.
Yes, if one of these methods doesn’t work for you, you can try others or even combine them without any worry.
Lucy’s Natural Distilled White Vinegar is made from corn, that is it! Lucy’s Natural Distilled White Vinegar is about as natural a vinegar you will be able to find.
Yes, if you already have some Arm & Hammer Baking Soda, or any baking soda, in your fridge, you can use that no problem; it does not need to be new.
BetterBody Foods Avocado Oil only contains avocado oil.
Yes, absolutely, especially in plastic. Bates Paint Scraper is a solid product, so make sure you don’t go too crazy with it, or you will dent your surfaces.