How to remove super glue from plastic
Super glue can be a stubborn thing to remove, especially when stuck to a nonporous surface like plastic. But, there are several gentle ways of removing super glue from plastic without harming the plastic at all, and you may already have some of the necessary tools already in your home. Here are the best ways to remove super glue from plastic.
Table of Contents
Bestseller No. 1
Damn Good Super Glue Remover - Cleaner 30 ml (64230DG), Clear
- Dissolves and removes the toughest dried super glue (cyanoacrylates) adhesives
- Removes glue from metal, stone, glass, & more
- Perfect for the home, workshop, and garage to dissolve dried glue
- Better than acetone for dissolving glue
- Made in the U. S. A.
Bestseller No. 2
Goof Off Super Glue Remover - 4 oz. can, Yellow (FG678)
- Goof Off Super Glue Remover effectively removes Super Glue, epoxy adhesive, and Gorilla Glue.
- Crafters and DIYers use it to remove costly adhesive mistakes.
- This adhesive remover cuts through the toughest cured adhesives and dried glues.
- It works the first time to remove dried adhesive messes that other removers can't handle.
- To use, directly apply to dried glue or adhesive, then wipe with a cloth.
Bestseller No. 3
Perco Glue Off Adhesive Remover 3.3 oz & Scraper with Plastic Razor for Removing Labels (Adhesive Remover & Scraper w/Plastic Razor)
- The Fighter Duo: Better two than one. This fighter duo combines the quick and effective multi-action adhesive-removing capabilities of the glue-off remover and the easy scrape-off properties of the Perco blade to get rid of nasty, stubborn residue.
- Perfect DIY Bundle: The bundle pack allows you to keep a fool-proof backup with you while you indulge in DIYs, bound to see glue errors. With it, you can quickly and conveniently counter any and every DIY mishap needing fast action cleanup.
- This Plastic Scraper is constructed of high-quality hot injection molded plastic that provides strength and stiffness.
- Safe Surface Combo: Both, Perco adhesive remover as well as razor blade scraper as safe for your surfaces. One has a proprietary water-based formula with no harsh chemicals and the other uses double-edged protectant blades to make the removal ultra-safe.
- Ergonomic Friends: Featuring an anti-slip, easy grip, and especially curved handpiece design, the scraper boasts an ergonomic friendliness which along with a non-irritant adhesive remover formula makes an all-time safe utility preference for everyone.
SaleBestseller No. 4
Goo Gone Original Liquid - 8 Ounce and Sticker Lifter - Surface Safe Adhesive Remover Safely Removes Stickers Labels Decals Residue Tape Chewing Gum Grease Tar Crayon Glue
- #1 TRUSTED BRAND FOR REMOVING GOOEY MESSES: Try it on stickers, wax, markers, crayons, glue, tar, window decals, glitter, gum, labels and so much more
- SAFELY RESTORE YOUR SURFACES: The surface-safe formula removes the goo without harming your surface. Formulated with citrus cleaning agents and a pleasant citrus scent
- MULTIPLE USES AROUND THE HOUSE: Everything from wine glass label remover, scuff eraser, windowsill cleaner, adhesive remover, tar cleaner, crayon drawing eraser, to glue remover
- PERFECT FOR TEACHERS AND PARENTS: Use this to remove gum, tape, crayon, and sticker residue left behind by kids
- GREAT FOR COLLECTORS AND THRIFTERS: Safely remove price stickers from gifts, wine glasses, clothing, drinking glasses, vintage collectables and more!
Bestseller No. 5
Bob Smith Industries BSI-161H UN-CURE Super Glue Debonder, 1 oz.,Clear
- Country Of Origin: United States
- Model Number: BSI-161H
- Item Package Dimension: 7.0" L x 3.5" W x 1.5" H
- Item Package Weight: 0.5 lb
One of the simplest ways to remove super glue from plastic is with vinegar. Any vinegar you have lying around your house, but we recommend Lucy’s Natural Distilled White Vinegar if you need to buy one. Lucy’s Natural Distilled White Vinegar is an all-natural white vinegar that is perfect for cleaning. Just soak the super glue in vinegar for around 15 minutes so the glue softens, and then you can scrape it up without damaging the plastic.
How to Remove Super Glue from Plastic with Baking Soda
Another effective way of removing super glue from plastic is with baking soda. The best baking soda for the job is Arm & Hammer Baking Soda. You will need to mix one part Arm & Hammer Baking Soda with one part oil for this method. Mix until you form a paste, and then use your hands to rub it on the glue. The baking soda will act as an exfoliant, and the oil will break down the glue. Let it sit for 30 minutes, and then you can wipe it off. This works best to get labels off of plastic.
How to Remove Super Glue from Plastic with Oil
For another way of removing super glue from plastic is with oil. Any cooking oils in your house will work for this, but we recommend BetterBody Foods Avocado Oil. Just cover the glue in oil and leave it for 30 minutes to an hour so the oil can break down the glue. After that, you will be able to scrub it away.
How to Remove Super Glue with a Paint Scraper
If you don’t want to use any chemicals or oils to try and get super glue off plastic, then you can use a paint scraper; we recommend Bates Paint Scraper if you don’t already have one. Bates Paint Scraper will work best if you first soften the glue with an oil or something like it, but you can also scrape the glue while it is dry.
It can be tough to get super glue off of plastic, but there are several ways to do it, and they can all be done with items you may already have lying around your house. If in doubt, you can always use more than one of these methods or products to get the super glue off the plastic.
Yes, if one of these methods doesn’t work for you, you can try others or even combine them without any worry.
Lucy’s Natural Distilled White Vinegar is made from corn, that is it! Lucy’s Natural Distilled White Vinegar is about as natural a vinegar you will be able to find.
Yes, if you already have some Arm & Hammer Baking Soda, or any baking soda, in your fridge, you can use that no problem; it does not need to be new.
BetterBody Foods Avocado Oil only contains avocado oil.
Yes, absolutely, especially in plastic. Bates Paint Scraper is a solid product, so make sure you don’t go too crazy with it, or you will dent your surfaces.